Here is another contest - giving away two jawbreakers mushrooms

Manny Tavan

In light of the recent dramatic exit of one of the members I thought I would throw another contest. Similar to the other contests before

rules:

1) Post reason why you love this forum/club

2) Mention someone here (one one) who you would like to win a coral. Don’t need a reason but feel free to leave one 

3) no shipping. Must be able to pick up in Happy Valley or at Cuttlefish

4) October first I will have google pick a random number from the number of posts in the thread. The author of the winning post and the person mentioned in that post each get a jawbreaker mushroom (poletti lineage from Rudy many years ago) 

5) double posts will be disqualified

ABC774A0-3274-4829-8A4E-C270E4B042D4.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i vote for @Micah ,  I only met him once but seems like a great guy and quarantines everything!

thanks for keeping your pets as healthy as possible!

thank you @Manny Tavan for doing this,  always good to have a reminder of why this community rocks.

Edited by Parzifal
Forgot to thank the originator! Can
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Manny Tavan said:

In light of the recent dramatic exit of one of the members I thought I would throw another contest. Similar to the other contests before

rules:

1) Post reason why you love this forum/club

2) Mention someone here (one one) who you would like to win a coral. Don’t need a reason but feel free to leave one 

3) no shipping. Must be able to pick up in Happy Valley or at Cuttlefish

4) October first I will have google pick a random number from the number of posts in the thread. The author of the winning post and the person mentioned in that post each get a jawbreaker mushroom (poletti lineage from Rudy many years ago) 

5) double posts will be disqualified

ABC774A0-3274-4829-8A4E-C270E4B042D4.jpeg

I love this forum because I've met alot of great pple here and have learned alot from them good/bad.

Id like to vote for @Blue Z Reef because he's been alot of help for me and I just can't thank him enough. 

This is awesome btw @Manny Tavan I hope your blessed with good karma for this🙌🤙

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love the club to connect with awesome people and getting to talk reef with people who also care about the same hobby in the area. And the information shared is always useful.   

I’d nominate @Emerald525because Kim is an awesome person and this coral would look killer in her Lagoon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The vast majority of PNWMAS members I've met both online and in person have been very friendly, passionate about the hobby, and generally very nice people.  We have a great group of people here.

I nominate @obrien.david.j.  He was extremely generous with his time and knowledge in helping me plan my sump replacement project. 

Great idea, @Manny Tavan!

• Like 2

1) I love this club because no one else can stand to hear me drone on and on about chemistry, lighting, skimming etc!  Also connecting with local reefkeepers for sale and trade is a very good thing.  protects us all against tank crashes.

2)  Tough one, so many worthy to nominate.  So lets go with seniority! 

I nominate @Chief for most years of service to the club!

• Like 1

Love this forum because of the knowledge that is shared on this group. I’ve gotten most of my corals from people on this forum. Everyone I’ve encountered has been friendly and super chill to deal with. 

@Jose antonino, this guy here was been extremely helpful when I couldn’t take care of my reef aquarium. I was injured and he stepped in to provide help by maintaining my reef aquarium 

• Like 1

I'm a long time salt water tank keeper.  What I appreciate about PNWMAS members is diversity and how well connected we are.

• I've met seasoned tank veterans and new tank college students
  • I've met those doing two part dosing, CaRX, ZEOvit system, or just water changes
  • I've met those digging all softies and those into sticks only
  • I've met those with all different personalities and viewpoints
  • I've learned something from each which recharges my passion, and keeps me going...
    • when I inevitably get hit with another tank issue I have to research and deal with
  • I look forward to meeting more of you in the future

I nominate @SuncrestReef, the Apex Master.  Happy to have a local expert, who's also out helping the rest of the world.

Thanks @Manny Tavan.   Nice positive energy.

• Like 3

I've only met a few of you over the last year or so, but each person I've crossed paths with has been super supportive, generous and informative.  I'm not sure I'd be able to participate in this hobby without the support of this club.  That said, I'd like to nominate @MrBret.  He gifted me my first fish and patiently answered a couple hundred questions from me.  My only gripe w. him is that his store is so far away from me.

• Like 2

I just appreciate all of the testimonials that people post up and how if I post up a very specific question people take the time and read it and give me good advice. I’ve met some solid people through here but I think @Oregonic helping me with the set up of my 112 lagoon was really amazing! There were little things that he could tell me from experience with the tank that helped a lot for this experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a great idea and thank you to @Manny Tavanfor launching this thread and contributing the prizes!

I love this forum for all the individuals who are willing to step up and offer advice and help to those either just starting out or struggling with issues they can’t get a handle on.   I have met so many generous and thoughtful people on here it is really heartening to see - which makes it hard to nominate just one. That said, I will pick     @Sirena for all her behind the scenes contribution over the years. A jawbreaker would be a great way to start off a new seahorse tank 😀

• Thanks 1

I have been a part of this forum since for over ten years because of the people. I have served on the board been president secretary and stick around and keep this club going because there are so many good people here. There are going to be negative posts and we always tend to gravitate to them but there are so many positives.  This thread and @Manny Tavan ‘s generosity is an example. I also was very proud of how everyone handled themselves in the thread he referred to. 

For me it’s nice to be part of a community that has such a passion for the hobby and is willing to help out. I have made so many friends outside of this who have helped me so much. When we plan big events there are so many people who step up to help. 

I would like to nominate @wegotjs because he has dropped everything to help me when I was selling my house or basically when anything urgent falls apart for me. 

• Like 1

I love this forum because I learn something new every time I log on and I appreciate all the help I’ve gotten from members. Only had my tank and been in the hobby about two years without any prior knowledge. Moving across the country with my little clown, Nemo, was tough but I believe thanks to this forum the inhabitants, including Nemo’s boyfriend, Baby Neem, are thriving! I will have to nominate @pdxmonkeyboy as a co- winner, never met but i like the insight shared on posts.