START TO FINISH - 75G NUVO EXT REEF TANK

GumdropDan

After two years, I'm finally back in the hobby again but with a bigger tank. Yes, 75 isn't that grand but with limited space, this is my best option. As most have told me, I'll quickly grow out of this tank. This is also my first time starting a thread to follow my build. Follow me on the set-up and progress of my 75 gallon reef tank. Research from books, blogs to YouTube has lead me to this point. I fully expect you all to challenge my process and help me learn from my mistakes! 

So far I have: 

• White Innovative Marine 75 gallon EXT reef ready tank
  • AQUAMAX BioPellet Reactor
  • NYOS TORQ Reactor
  • GYRO Flow Pump(RAFFLE PRIZE :) )
  • SENEYE Leak Detector 
  • RODI Filter(No more LFS visit for top off or saltwater) 
  • 2 Kessil lights 

Still have more to grab! Wish me luck guys, and if anyone has anything they want to part with, I'm open ears!

49A0CEB6-8716-41B3-9F06-E1E0595A9030_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by GumdropDan
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2021 at 10:09 PM, Higher Thinking said:

Congrats on the build. That tank looks fantastic! What's the plan for the sump? 

Thank you! So I decided to go with a DIY on the sump. I’m using a 20g long, with a skimmer, GFO/Carbon reactor, bio pellet reactor, dual return lines, ATO, and I really want to fit a fuge in there but I may be pushing the limited space. 

REEFERS! UPDATE! LETS GO! - 

Ive finally got all my equipment which I’ll update you soon on. But here’s a project I’m working on now. My rock-scape.

Like any other reefer coming back into the hobby, I have learned from past mistakes. So after weeks of research and endless videos I’m ready to start my rockscape. I wasn’t quite sure what I wanted this time around but I know I wanted to do something different. I thought about bonsai style rockscape, floating rockscape, NSA rockscape, island rockscape, and even hang off cliff style. I really wanted a floating rockscape but all the reading and videos discouraged this scape for anything larger than 40 so I decided to try out a NSA rockscape.

For those unfamiliar, check out this video 
I just finished breaking all the larger rocks and once I get that done I’ll post my end result.

Wish me luck!17CEB255-A00D-4C03-8238-2442955B53B8.jpegAE19DC0A-7EFD-4720-BE05-8A7C9C4F7165.jpeg91D96CE1-7C58-42B2-B051-E84023B9E967.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Alexrpolk
      Innovative Marine Nuvo 10 Stand still in box, brand new. $175 obo.
      Innovative Marine Nuvo 20 Peninsula Stand assembled but never used $225 obo.
      I had a grand plan of setting up multiple tanks but ended up sticking with one and now I have to get rid of the stands. Prices are negotiable, just looking to get rid of them at this point.
      Located in Tigard, OR not able to ship.

• By Palani
      15 gallon Nano reef tank for sale. 3 years old. Comes with all livestock and equipment. Includes 110gpd RODI water filter and quarantine tank with equipment and medicines. HOB skimmer/refugium with overflow, Hydor Wavemaker with pumps, ATO, LED lights with supplementation, heaters, water buckets, supplements, and salt ect. Everything you will need to run a successful Nano reef tank. Willing to part out if no one wants to buy it all. Livestock must go first. Getting out of the hobby for now, I’ll be moving out of state. $500

• By kyleinpdx
      Hello PNWMAS, 
      I'm looking to sell my Innovative Marine Fusion Lagoon 25 All in One. This is an almost complete package, you'll just need to add lights, a heater and whatever you want to go inside it. Its a fantastic little tank, I loved it when it was up, perfect for smaller houses/apartments, if you know you'll be moving in a year or two or as a frag tank. Includes

IM lagoon 25 AIO: 25 Gallons Ultra Thick 8mm High Clarity Glass / Low Iron Glass Leveling Rubber Mat DIMS (24” x 20” x 12”) Diamond Edge Polished, Black Silicone Black IM APS (aluminum stand) with the shelf kit! 2 return pumps (stock config only has one, I upgraded to two for more flow) - aquatop 237gph, tunze 210gph 2 IM multi chamber media baskets (one for each side) Eshopps nano skimmer  IM screen lid clips  
      The only things you'll need to supply are: lights, a heater, 1 return nozzle (something like this) I have one Vivid Random Flow Generator that I'm including but the other pump was running an IM spinstream that I broke trying to clean and whatever livestock you want to go inside it.
      Asking $450 firm. Not interested in parting out. I'm located in Beaverton, not far from St. Mary's. I might be interested if you have a well established sand sleeping wrasse to trade + cash.
      After the first wash, I'm going to take a srubbing pad to the water line, but wanted to get some pictures up.

I had epoxied some additional weirs infront of the built in ones as my anemone kept getting itself sucked up against them and unfortunately in getting them off I scratched up the back AIO divider a bit, you wont be able to see the ones below the water line and the ones above might be able to buff out or be coated in something, I havent explored the possibilities there. All in all, not bad, and its on the AIO divider not the viewing glass. 

(water marks and some slight marring from my light mounts)

Here are some shots of the tank before I moved and broke some of it down

• By tenderfoot
      I moved last year and the new house has afforded me much more room and a new bigger build is in the works. 
      Not parting any pieces of this sale.
      Tank 6x2x2 built by james at envision custom with external overflow box. 3/4 inch all around 
      Custom sump with large fuge chamber
      Powder coated steel stand ready for any skin you can apply
      RLSS DC 8 skimmer
      3 Radion gen3 pro lights
      Maxpect gyre 250 x2 
      Full apex unit with modules 
      Trash can full of dry rock 150 lbs
      Ehiem 1262 return pump. 
      This tank was meticulously maintained and it will reveal no scratches after a vinegar bath. 
      $1500 

• By Sea City Corals
      Hannah has some of the best paramiter measuring devices. But for some of them reagent comes in a powder form that is in a packet. It is difficult to get all the reagent powder out of the packets. Here is a video on how to make that step much easier. 

Happy Reefing!