Welcome to our Newest Sponsor, Angler's Reef!

Lexinverts

Thank you all!

Hello my name is Halen and I am a hobbyist as well as the owner of Anglers Reef.  We are an online store based out of Cottage Grove, Oregon where we sell all types of coral, Orphek LED light bars and Triton Lab ICP test kits.

I joined this group in order to get more involved in the community, learn new things, help others and build relationships with other community members.

My start into the hobby was was not at my free will. A friend of my wife's and I, showed us his saltwater aquarium where my wife Brooke, decided she had to have one and pestered me until I caved. The next day we had a 46g bowfront with sand, water and live rock sitting in our living room.

Brooke's interest in saltwater left at about the time she found out how long a saltwater aquarium takes to cycle, leaving me, who had no interest in saltwater aquariums, to manage this thing on my own. I wasn't about to throw all the money we had spent down the drain so I decided to ride it out and see where things would go. It only took a couple days until the obsession took off, the live rock truly came to life with pods, bristle worms, stomatella snails and brittle stars. It was so interesting to me that I went out and bought more live rock to see what else I could discover. This is when I acquired my first coral, a small button looking polyp on my second piece of live rock. Two days later this little button opened up and there was my very first, green Palythoa. All these years have gone by and if you visit my website, you will find green Palythoa for sale, from my first ever coral.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction and if you would like to see my first ever coral, visit my website at  https://anglers-reef.com/  and visit the Soft Coral tab.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2021 at 9:21 AM, obrien.david.j said:

@AnglersReef, tell us a bit about yourself.    Where are you based, are you online only or also walk in ?   I checked out your website, it looked like on-line only.

And thank you for your sponsorship.

Hi obrien.david.j.,

We are based out of Cottage Grove, Oregon and we are unfortunately online only at this point but have been looking into expanding to a brick and mortar storefront. I am able to meet and/or do local deliveries around the Eugene/Springfield and surrounding areas on orders over $75 if people are interested. For anyone who is not close enough to do a local pickup or meet, we do offer free shipping on orders over $199.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AnglersReef said:

Hi obrien.david.j.,

We are based out of Cottage Grove, Oregon and we are unfortunately online only at this point but have been looking into expanding to a brick and mortar storefront. I am able to meet and/or do local deliveries around the Eugene/Springfield and surrounding areas on orders over $75 if people are interested. For anyone who is not close enough to do a local pickup or meet, we do offer free shipping on orders over $199.

Thanks for the introduction and info!   Welcome to the group.   I usually spend one night a year in cottage grove, on our annual fishing trip weekend.   Nice to know there's something salty going on in the area!

• Like 1