Guest Speaker Suggestion

Gumby

We discussed at our last Board Meeting about having a guest speaker in the near future. Give us some names of speakers that you would like to see. Then I can make a list for everyone to vote on. Pull out that bucket list. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gumby said:

We discussed at our last Board Meeting about having a guest speaker in the near future. Give us some names of speakers that you would like to see. Then I can make a list for everyone to vote on. Pull out that bucket list. 

There were some mentioned at the meeting but, sadly, I can't recall who they all were.

19 minutes ago, Lexinverts said:

I don't think he gives talks. 

Wasn’t sure Lou Ekus did a good talk on reef chemistry . I also liked Tim Hovanec aka Dr. Tim’s talk on tank cycling. 
If we sign back up with Masna they will pay some of the fee for a Guest speaker.

• Like 1

I vote we contact @emeyer and ask for the latest status of his DNA based insights.    I was at the first club meeting where he offered free tank sampling to help build his sampling database.  Since then, he's revised his reports a number of times.  I'd like to hear insights how to interpret various testing results, and maybe some interesting tank results.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

I vote we contact @emeyer and ask for the latest status of his DNA based insights.    I was at the first club meeting where he offered free tank sampling to help build his sampling database.  Since then, he's revised his reports a number of times.  I'd like to hear insights how to interpret various testing results, and maybe some interesting tank results.

Always happy to put something together. We're about to launch the eDNA service after testing on a couple hundred tanks, so theres plenty to talk about there. Also some fun stuff from the live rock testing. If theres interest I'm always happy to give a talk about this stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, EMeyer said:

Always happy to put something together. We're about to launch the eDNA service after testing on a couple hundred tanks, so theres plenty to talk about there. Also some fun stuff from the live rock testing. If theres interest I'm always happy to give a talk about this stuff. 

If we Don't have you at the next club meeting.   Please announce here the next place you are going to present at.  I'd like to attend.

On 7/18/2021 at 8:28 PM, Emerald525 said:

Wasn’t sure Lou Ekus did a good talk on reef chemistry . I also liked Tim Hovanec aka Dr. Tim’s talk on tank cycling. 
If we sign back up with Masna they will pay some of the fee for a Guest speaker.

I dug up our MASNA login info.  It looks like we were a member in 2015 and 2018.  Is this something we should renew?  It's only $50 per year.

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 4.51.06 PM.png

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

I dug up our MASNA login info.  It looks like we were a member in 2015 and 2018.  Is this something we should renew?  It's only $50 per year.

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 4.51.06 PM.png

I would think so. They are a good organization and will reimburse you part of the guest speaker cost.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let you know that I am always happy to connect with new clubs with presentations. If you would like to discuss any possibilities, you can contact me at office@tropicmarin-usa.com. Or you can call into the office at 413-367-0101. BTW, this is Lou Ekus from Tropic Marin.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Lou Ekus said:

Just wanted to let you know that I am always happy to connect with new clubs with presentations. If you would like to discuss any possibilities, you can contact me at office@tropicmarin-usa.com. Or you can call into the office at 413-367-0101. BTW, this is Lou Ekus from Tropic Marin.

That’s great to hear !! Really enjoyed your Macna talk I personally have been using All for Reef in my 25 lagoon and am using tropic marine salt and have been very pleased with how it mixes. I will send you an email. My name is Kim Vigil and I am on the Board of this club.