Newbie from Elmira

shanedag

Well posted in another forum, but figured I'd officially introduce myself here. I've been running a Waterbox 180.5 since October, 2020. I'm in Elmira, OR and have lived here most of my adult life.

Had a tank years ago and didn't do much research/planning. Purchased the running tank off of Craigslist. It was already dealing with green hair algae, but I didn't know much better. At any rate, due to my lack of planning and research, the tank never got over the ugly phase and I grew frustrated and quit.

Fast forward to now, I took more time to plan out my build and learn as much as I could. Still making mistakes here and there, but I feel like I'm much  more successful this time and am learning from my mistakes.

Tank is stocked several fish (cowfish, tang, clowns, trigger, etc) and mostly softies. Running Apex, Trident, couple MP40s, AI Hyrda 32 HD lights, skimmer and BRS reactors for carbon and rowaphos. Just now getting ready to start a refugium. 

Great to have this group and look forward to chatting with you all!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, shanedag said:

Well posted in another forum, but figured I'd officially introduce myself here. I've been running a Waterbox 180.5 since October, 2020. I'm in Elmira, OR and have lived here most of my adult life.

Had a tank years ago and didn't do much research/planning. Purchased the running tank off of Craigslist. It was already dealing with green hair algae, but I didn't know much better. At any rate, due to my lack of planning and research, the tank never got over the ugly phase and I grew frustrated and quit.

Fast forward to now, I took more time to plan out my build and learn as much as I could. Still making mistakes here and there, but I feel like I'm much  more successful this time and am learning from my mistakes.

Tank is stocked several fish (cowfish, tang, clowns, trigger, etc) and mostly softies. Running Apex, Trident, couple MP40s, AI Hyrda 32 HD lights, skimmer and BRS reactors for carbon and rowaphos. Just now getting ready to start a refugium. 

Thanks for sharing. Glad you are having a better experience. I agree going slow and patience are key to avoiding problems like hair algae, fish disease , Dinos , cyano etc. 

58 minutes ago, shanedag said:

Welcome to the group, I've learned alot from watching brs on YouTube. But also learned alot the hard way lol,welcome