Happy polyps

SuncrestReef

@SuncrestReef What camera do you shoot with? I just got a Sony RX100 VII wondering what the most important settings are for tuning and should I get an orange filter? 

Happy your tanks getting back on track, I took a lotta inspo from your build. Gonna be doing a mini upgrade to a 75G in a few weeks.

@Dakotapi3rc3 gonna be helping me with the move :) 

Edited by Shar_Zard

30 minutes ago, Shar_Zard said:

@SuncrestReef What camera do you shoot with? I just got a Sony RX100 VII wondering what the most important settings are for tuning and should I get an orange filter? 

Happy your tanks getting back on track, I took a lotta inspo from your build. Gonna be doing a mini upgrade to a 75G in a few weeks.

@Dakotapi3rc3 gonna be helping me with the move :) 

I use a Nikon D610 camera with a 200mm Nikon f/4 macro lens, along with a custom-ordered Avast Marine porthole tube. It's a beast to handle, but it works well for me. I don't do any editing. All my shots are straight from the camera which I set to 10K white balance rather than using an orange filter. For depth of field I usually crank the aperture down to f/24 and use a longer exposure, and use a tripod plus remote shutter release to avoid vibration.

A87656FA-4CCC-4E1A-ACCF-7E68DAFC62B2.jpeg

IMG_6215.jpeg

IMG_6222.jpeg

You can find a lot more macro shots from my tank before the crash here:

Very nice setup and photos. They are awesome! I always thought that I deeply appreciated the beauty of my corals but obviously that beauty is much more intense up close. I love this site and the creative people on it because it really helps me open my eyes to new possibilities that I don’t even consider on my own. Thank you SuncrestReef for inspiring me.

• Thanks 1