New to the group from Cottage Grove, Or

AnglersReef

Hello my name is Halen and I am a hobbyist as well as the owner of Anglers Reef where we sell all types of coral, Orphek LED light bars and Triton Lab ICP tests.

I joined this group in order to get more involved in the community, learn new things, help others and build relationships with other community members.

My start into the hobby was was not at my free will. A friend of my wife's and I showed us his saltwater aquarium where my wife Brooke, decided she had to have one and pestered me until I caved. The next day we had a 46g bowfront with sand, water and live rock sitting in our living room.

Brooke's interest in saltwater left at about the time she found out how long a saltwater aquarium takes to cycle, leaving me, who had no interest in saltwater aquariums, to manage this thing on my own. I wasn't about to throw all the money we has spent down the drain so I decided to ride it out and see where things go. It only took a couple days until the obsession took off, the live rock truly came to life with pods, bristle worms, stomatella snails and brittle stars. It was so interesting to me that I went out and bought more live rock to see what else I could discover. This is when I acquired my first coral, a small button looking polyp on my second piece of live rock. Two days later this little button opened up and there was my very first, green Palythoa. All these years have gone by and if you visit my website, you will find green Palythoa for sale, from my first ever coral.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction and if you would like to see my first ever coral, visit my website at  https://anglers-reef.com/  and visit the Soft Coral tab.

Welcome.  I’m just down the road in Creswell.  A soon as I am done battling some hair algae, I’ll look you up for some coral.  You might want to get some information on sponsoring the club.  With sponsorship you get your own forum that you can post regular stock, special deals, etc.  

Lexinverts is our current Vendor Relations officer, but any of the officers could probably get you the info you need to sponsor if you want to.  

I’m glad you found us.  Emerald Valley’s coral retailers are sparse. 

Jay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chief said:

Welcome.  I’m just down the road in Creswell.  A soon as I am done battling some hair algae, I’ll look you up for some coral.  You might want to get some information on sponsoring the club.  With sponsorship you get your own forum that you can post regular stock, special deals, etc.  

Lexinverts is our current Vendor Relations officer, but any of the officers could probably get you the info you need to sponsor if you want to.  

I’m glad you found us.  Emerald Valley’s coral retailers are sparse. 

Jay

Thank you, 

This is all new to me so I greatly appreciate the information and advise. We are pretty much neighbors, if you need anything, don’t hesitate to reach out. 

Halen 

Glad to have you on board. Like Chief mentioned, becoming a sponsor is a great way to get integrated into the community and reach a wider audience (apart from being a technical requirement for commercial members to advertise). Glad your wife took the plunge, even if she quickly abandoned you 😆

• Like 1

Thank you everyone, I can already tell that this is a great community and am looking forward to being part of it. 
My focus is to bring affordable, healthy coral to the community while maintaining exceptional customer service. That being said, I am 100% open to receiving any and all feedback whether it’s good or bad. 
We want to be better for the animals we take care of and the people we serve in all aspects. 

SuncrestReef, thank you, I have added my location to the member map. 

Talkalot82, I am hoping to bring a little more to the area. It seems like the hobby has been losing traction here as there isn’t many quality local shops here. 

Higher Thinking, I’m currently working on becoming a sponsor, I believe it is a great opportunity. I am working on learning as much as I can about the site and how to be more involved. 

Totroc3, thank you, I work daily in order to improve the website and make it as user friendly as possible and appreciate any and all feedback, good or bad. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 9:00 PM, AnglersReef said:

Hello my name is Halen and I am a hobbyist as well as the owner of Anglers Reef where we sell all types of coral, Orphek LED light bars and Triton Lab ICP tests.

I joined this group in order to get more involved in the community, learn new things, help others and build relationships with other community members.

My start into the hobby was was not at my free will. A friend of my wife's and I showed us his saltwater aquarium where my wife Brooke, decided she had to have one and pestered me until I caved. The next day we had a 46g bowfront with sand, water and live rock sitting in our living room.

Brooke's interest in saltwater left at about the time she found out how long a saltwater aquarium takes to cycle, leaving me, who had no interest in saltwater aquariums, to manage this thing on my own. I wasn't about to throw all the money we has spent down the drain so I decided to ride it out and see where things go. It only took a couple days until the obsession took off, the live rock truly came to life with pods, bristle worms, stomatella snails and brittle stars. It was so interesting to me that I went out and bought more live rock to see what else I could discover. This is when I acquired my first coral, a small button looking polyp on my second piece of live rock. Two days later this little button opened up and there was my very first, green Palythoa. All these years have gone by and if you visit my website, you will find green Palythoa for sale, from my first ever coral.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction and if you would like to see my first ever coral, visit my website at  https://anglers-reef.com/  and visit the Soft Coral tab.

Welcome 🙏 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, shanedag said:

Wait! You have a shop in Cottage Grove? Shipping only or physical location? I'm in Elmira....great to have someone so close!

Online only for now but can meet locally if anyone is interested in anything on our website :)

just drop us a line ;) AnglersReefUSA@gmail.com

Edited by AnglersReef
  • Like 1