Apex Trident Showing Calcium Over 650?!!!

Knuckledragger

I finally got my Apex Trident up and running and it is reporting CAL at 655! I have been testing with Red Sea CAL test and it shows about 420-430. I talked to Neptune support and they said the readings were coming back consistently around that range so they suspect it is the Red Sea kit that is wrong. The kit is not expired and is easily read so I question that. Has anyone else experienced their Trident showing similar high calcium as compared to other test kits?

Edited by Knuckledragger

• Knuckledragger changed the title to Apex Trident Showing Calcium Over 650?!!!

ALK is showing 8.41 but has not fully settled yet. It has been been rising each test since I started the Trident Sunday night. It seems to be stabilizing around the 8.4 number on the last couple of tests. I was thinking the same thing that the ALK should not be that high if CAL is so high. My Hannah ALK checker showed 8.8 on the 28th, just a few days ago before setting up the Trident.

16 minutes ago, Knuckledragger said:

ALK is showing 8.41 but has not fully settled yet. It has been been rising each test since I started the Trident Sunday night. It seems to be stabilizing around the 8.4 number on the last couple of tests. I was thinking the same thing that the ALK should not be that high if CAL is so high. My Hannah ALK checker showed 8.8 on the 28th, just a few days ago before setting up the Trident.

Yeah that doesn’t make sense. The 420 makes more sense. You would get precipitate with an alk of 8.4 and calcium if 650. 

Trident Cal tests sometimes show elevated levels when the reagent is nearly empty, supposedly because it's not drawing in enough reagent.  Since yours is still full, it's possible the reagent tube is partially pinched when the tray was closed, or it's possible the metal tube under the reagent cap is loose or has come off the connector, both of which could restrict the amount of reagent being drawn in.  Unscrew the cap on reagent B & C to verify the tube connection, and also try running the test with the tray open so tubes cannot be pinched. 

Also, with a new trident they say should run for a week to “settle down”. My Ca does run higher and I will shut off part of my 2 part for a day usually once a month to let it come down but never had anything that high, usually in the 500s is the Max mine has reported. Glad you got the leak issue sorted, the reagent I wouldn’t dare get on the carpet :wife: