New Apex Trident won’t prime and leaking reagent inside housing

Knuckledragger

So I bought my Apex setup complete with Trident in March during the sale. I got everything else set up accept for the Trident. I set it up today (yes, stupid to start on a holiday weekend). It ran through the initial setup and then it said it could not draw a sample. I went through and checked to make sure the sample line and waste were clear and not kinked and ran it again. It kept saying it was initializing but also no sample water. I pulled the reagent tray out to find a puddle of reagent underneath and reagent dripping down the dosing heads. I am so upset and frustrated! 

Has anyone else had this issue? I suspect I will have to wait until Tuesday and then have them replace the defective unit.

Pull out the reagent tray and look inside the Trident at the center manifold where each of the tubes connect.  Look for any tubes disconnected from the fittings.  If anything is disconnected, you can remove the Trident's outer shell to gain access to the fittings and reattach the tube(s).

IMG_6315 (2).jpg

You'll likely need to contact Neptune Support.  But if you want to further investigate on your own, wipe up the spilled reagents with a paper towel, then re-run the initialization process with the tray removed so you can watch inside to see where the leak is coming from.

So it was a collapsed waste line. Apparently  this not to uncommon out of the box as I found multiple others online with the same issue. Flushed the line while rubbing between my fingers along the length of it and it started flowing through. I took the cover off and cleaned everything up and reconnected the tube that had popped off with tweezers, which is apparently what they were going to have me do in the support call. After running the initial setup again it finally started working and appears to be settling in on readings. The calcium shows way high at 655 but I posted a new thread about that issue.