Reef Breeders Lights!

Collin

hello all,

I am looking at lighting options for my new set up and stumbled upon the Reed Breeder lights. BRS and Reef News Network seem to like them but I was wondering if anyone here has any first hand experience with them. Also if any of you have other suggestions of a light that is relatively inexpensive, delivers good par and coverage, send them my way! btw the tank dimensions are the same as a 40 gal breeder. 

btw if anyone is selling their reef breeder lights specifically the photon 32 V2 let me know :)

8 hours ago, Collin said:

hello all,

I am looking at lighting options for my new set up and stumbled upon the Reed Breeder lights. BRS and Reef News Network seem to like them but I was wondering if anyone here has any first hand experience with them. Also if any of you have other suggestions of a light that is relatively inexpensive, delivers good par and coverage, send them my way! btw the tank dimensions are the same as a 40 gal breeder. 

btw if anyone is selling their reef breeder lights specifically the photon 32 V2 let me know :)

I have two photon V2 50". I love them, cheap, powerful, comes with mounting hardware

Can't beat the value imo

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Collin said:

Thanks! do you have personal experience with these lights? 

He has more than just personal experience with them.  @danlu_gt invented them and manufactures them.  I have 3 of the ReeFi DUO Extreme lights (the larger version of what was posted) and they are fantastic.

You can read my full review of ReeFi here:  https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reefi-duo-extreme-led-unboxing-and-first-impressions.643718/

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

He has more than just personal experience with them.  @danlu_gt invented them and manufactures them.  I have 3 of the ReeFi DUO Extreme lights (the larger version of what was posted) and they are fantastic.

You can read my full review of ReeFi here:  https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/reefi-duo-extreme-led-unboxing-and-first-impressions.643718/

loved the review and am now really considering these lights. I always prefer to support local businesses! For the tank I am setting up, which ReeFi light combo would you suggest? I am looking to have a mixed reef with a decent amount of SPS in a AIO system that has the same dimensions as a 40 gal breeder. Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Collin said:

loved the review and am now really considering these lights. I always prefer to support local businesses! For the tank I am setting up, which ReeFi light combo would you suggest? I am looking to have a mixed reef with a decent amount of SPS in a AIO system that has the same dimensions as a 40 gal breeder. Thanks!

@danlu_gt would probably be the best person to answer this question.  But with those tank dimensions, I'd probably guess two FeeFi Uno's spaced about 10" apart would give great coverage.

If you scroll down the page from the link he sent, you'll see the light coverage and PAR readings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

@danlu_gt would probably be the best person to answer this question.  But with those tank dimensions, I'd probably guess two FeeFi Uno's spaced about 10" apart would give great coverage.

If you scroll down the page from the link he sent, you'll see the light coverage and PAR readings.

Thank you, I appreciate the help! 

I recommend 2 ReeFi Unos for your tank dimensions.  You can probably get away with 1 ReeFi Uno but since your tank is much longer than wide, a lot of light will spill out the front and back if 1 Uno is mounted high enough to cover the length of the tank.

• Like 1