WTB: Fluconazole --> Miracle Transformation!

Hi All,

Reef flux and other namely fluconazole treatments all seems to be a week out. I have some reef flux currently ordered but won't be here until much later.

Does anyone have any spare/in hand right now I could purchase or trade coral for? Would like to start this process today as this stuff is growing faster than I can remove it.

Edited by Dakotapi3rc3
Title update

What size is your tank?  I have a little Flux RX left over, but it's probably only enough for a 30 - 50 gallon tank.  If your tank is larger, it's probably better than nothing.

Free if you'd like it, pick up in Beaverton.  PM me.

• Like 2

• Dakotapi3rc3 changed the title to WTB: Fluconazole --> Miracle Transformation!

I am super stoked to say after bryopsis, dino, and cyano the tank has made a 90% recovery. A lot of my sps took a hit through all the nutrient spikes and subsequent treatments but I am absolute believer in reef flux for nuisance algae elimination. This killed my remaining bryopsis and the turf algae that took its place! Total duration was about 3 weeks.

What a ride...here are some pics of the tank now!

IMG_20210507_170519.jpg

IMG_20210507_170528.jpg

IMG_20210507_170525.jpg

I had a bryopsis outbreak in my old tank and the fluconozole worked wonders.  I followed the directions and didn't use anything else during the treatment.  After that algae, other than on the glass, was nonexistent for well over 6 months without any type of other treatment. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lazyreefer said:

I would be interested in your method of use, if you strayed from the main instructions at all and what other products you felt were useful to use during treatment 👍🏻

I used vibrant before which may have weakened it. Otherwise follow as instructed. 3 week turnaround for turf algae. Bryopsis was about a week.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Collin
      hello all,
      I am looking at lighting options for my new set up and stumbled upon the Reed Breeder lights. BRS and Reef News Network seem to like them but I was wondering if anyone here has any first hand experience with them. Also if any of you have other suggestions of a light that is relatively inexpensive, delivers good par and coverage, send them my way! btw the tank dimensions are the same as a 40 gal breeder. 
      btw if anyone is selling their reef breeder lights specifically the photon 32 V2 let me know
    • By sharambil
      Hi everyone,
      My name is Shane. I'm setting up my first reef in a 20g long. I'm hoping it'll bring long-term enjoyment while I wait for my university to reopen.
      I am looking for a few materials for setting up. Let me know if you have anything, especially if you are located near or around Portland, Beaverton, or Hillsboro.
      Light - Looking for a budget (ideally LED) system that's output is largely blue.  10lbs of dry rock - I'm willing to try wet/damp live rock options if it's less than 4-5$ a pound Aragonite sand (ideally still new and in packaging) Refractometer Reef salt (Instant ocean or something similar) I'm also curious what the cost of RO/DI water (per gallon) is at the local fish stores. 
      Thanks,
      Shane

• By NateDawg
      I'm looking for a cube aquarium that's around 60 gallons. I'd be just looking for the tank, not the stand, unless it could fit a 4 foot sump. Let me know what you Got! Thanks for looking!!!
    • By marine depot
      VIDEO: Fluconazole for Green Hair Algae and Bryopsis

How To Treat Your Tank with Flux Rx from Blue Life USA

• By NateDawg
      Hi! Well long story short, my finally growing frag of WD got bulldosed by a hermit crab right into the center of my Duncan colony (didn't think that was possible from where the frag was at) but I came home to find a bleach white frag a hermit in its place. Anyway, I really wanna try the piece again (and do a better job at anchoring it to the rock) so I'm looking for a small frag of WD, even just a fully healed nib would suit me. Let me know if any of you have this (or something similar) thanks for reading!!