thought i was getting a brackish eel but got full on saltwater eel

miketoohey

I'VE BEEN KEEPING MY SALTWATER SNOWFLAKE EEL (7-10 INCH) IN A ISULLATION TANK IN SALTWATER BEAUTIFUL FISH.TO BAD I DIDN'T GET THE FRESHWATER EEL.COULD SOMEONE TRADE A FRESHWATER SNOWFLAKE EEL FOR THIS SALTWATER SNOWFLAKE EEL? I LIVE IN LAKE STEVENS WASH.

It looks like this is the second thread you have posted with the same title.  I hope you saw that some members responded in the other thread with suggestions to keep the eel alive--including getting the eel to a local saltwater fish store as soon as possible.  Most (but not all) of the members of this forum are significantly south of you (Portland/Vancouver area) and although it is possible someone out there is north of Seattle, I think it is highly unlikely you are going to reach someone with a freshwater eel that is looking for a saltwater eel.  I think it is great you reached out, I just don't want you to delay in getting the eel safe because you think it is likely someone will be able to trade you.  If it were me, I'd be calling saltwater fish stores this morning, seeing if I could bring it in and maybe get a credit or trade for a small pump or something.

Good luck!

• Like 1