Hello

dhnguyen

After a long hiatus from reefing I have decided to get back into it again.
I got started in the hobby in 2004 then life got complicated and I took a break from it in 2011 until now

I used to be very active on RC before I was banned (don't ask LOL) as well as Reeffrontiers. Some of you might even remember me from RC under the same name.

In any case, I am at the beginning stage of starting (AKA equipment hoarding) a 90g mixed reef . Planning for this tank to eventually be SPS dominated.

Thanks for having me.

Cheers,

D.   (Don)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dhnguyen said:

After a long hiatus from reefing I have decided to get back into it again.
I got started in the hobby in 2004 then life got complicated and I took a break from it in 2011 until now

I used to be very active on RC before I was banned (don't ask LOL) as well as Reeffrontiers. Some of you might even remember me from RC under the same name.

In any case, I am at the beginning stage of starting (AKA equipment hoarding) a 90g mixed reef . Planning for this tank to eventually be SPS dominated.

Thanks for having me.

Cheers,

D.   (Don)

Welcome ! I think everyone eventually gets banned from reef central LOL. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

Come on, We all want to hear the story.   What's the magic recipe to get banned?

LOL   Actually it wasn't all that exciting.

The reason the RC mod gave me was that my avatar (a photo of my then young son picking his nose) which I had for years was offensive and not inline with their family friendly policies.  But I suspect that the real reason was because I had been pretty critical of certain vendors/sponsors on RC as to their product designs and apparently RC didn't like that as I've gotten a few PM's from their mods warning me.

So when the mod messaged me saying I need to remove my son's photo as my avatar or risk being suspended I pretty told him that RC can go ahead and make it a permanent ban since I was done with the site.

Just now, dhnguyen said:

LOL   Actually it wasn't all that exciting.

The reason the RC mod gave me was that my avatar (a photo of my then young son picking his nose) which I had for years was offensive and not inline with their family friendly policies.  But I suspect that the real reason was because I had been pretty critical of certain vendors/sponsors on RC as to their product designs and apparently RC didn't like that as I've gotten a few PM's from their mods warning me.

So when the mod messaged me saying I need to remove my son's photo as my avatar or risk being suspended I pretty told him that RC can go ahead and make it a permanent ban since I was done with the site.

You nailed it. The power hungry moderators have caused a lot of good people to leave on reef central.