🦶🦶I’m back!! Getting my feet wet again!!

Emerald525

On 3/24/2021 at 8:08 PM, Emerald525 said:

Almost 3 years !

I can't believe it's been that long already!!  Glad to see you back at it Kim and jealous of your fish room potential - so much easier when you have the room and facilities to do "wet work".  BTW - get ready to lots of polishing on that very nice stainless sink setup - we had one in a zebrafish room at work and it would surface rust constantly even with the low salt content in their water 😞 I don't even have a functional utility sink though so you are way better off 🙂 

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

I can't believe it's been that long already!!  Glad to see you back at it Kim and jealous of your fish room potential - so much easier when you have the room and facilities to do "wet work".  BTW - get ready to lots of polishing on that very nice stainless sink setup - we had one in a zebrafish room at work and it would surface rust constantly even with the low salt content in their water 😞 I don't even have a functional utility sink though so you are way better off 🙂 

I had that concern as well so I ordered this protectant called Everbrite. Great company by the way. They asked when I ordered online what it was for and switched it out since I had ordered the wrong one. I will let you know how it holds up !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Emerald525 said:

I had that concern as well so I ordered this protectant called Everbrite. Great company by the way. They asked when I ordered online what it was for and switched it out since I had ordered the wrong one. I will let you know how it holds up !

Good luck!  Hope that works out.  We tried a few things and ultimately had it replaced with a resin counter/sink combination like in our regular lab spaces 😞 I was honestly surprised as the salt content in that system is pretty low compared to what we run in our setups.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tank has been up and cycling for 3 weeks now. Still doing lights off and have not had significant algae break out yet. NH3 was at zero and nitrites dropped so I did a 20 percent water change dropped the temp (I was doing low salinity high temp to encourage denitrifying bacteria ) and added this little gem.🥰 

I am fully aware a 25 gallon tank is too small but I am setting up a 120 gallon eventually as well as a 40 gallon Frag tank so plenty of spots for this guy to go.  My plan is to use this little tank as a QT tank.

4B7958E2-CCD9-4EBD-B7E4-8EA9602D0F10.jpeg07CC3E0E-D35D-486C-AAFB-E8F2C60CAEE3.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...