🦶🦶I’m back!! Getting my feet wet again!!

Emerald525

The passion has been reignited ! I’m going to set up the grandkids tank but have bigger plans of a fish room. The new house has this awesome second garage area and perfect area for a fish room! Thanks @CuttleFishandCoral. I was going to go bare bottom but read denitrifying bacteria will grow faster with more substrate so he saved a bag for me!

@Wegotjs helped me (okay actually did it all) set up the RODI unit and water is going ! 
By the way when I was there Jeff had quite the shipment come in of cool fish like Yashi gobies ( great Nano fish you can pair with a shrimp) 

Ruby red dragonets and mini mystery wrasses as well and a possum wrasse. 

Good thing my tank wasn’t up yet or I may have bought them all lol. 

Stay tuned !!
972200CB-4DC5-46EF-879F-1C934AAA4482.jpeg4FF1BDC2-861F-414C-AAC7-91679934EABC.jpeg

98A0D193-8681-4235-B4C6-EBFE3E2B337F.jpeg

• Like 8

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats!  When you mentioned earlier about picking up a bag of sand I was about to ask if you had a new tank.

I'm so jealous of the fish room potential.  I really hope I can revisit my big plans for a house addition to add a fish room.  For now, I'll be watching for your build updates. :)

• Like 1

Just now, SuncrestReef said:

Woo Hoo!!! Congrats!  When you mentioned earlier about picking up a bag of sand I was about to ask if you had a new tank.

I'm so jealous of the fish room potential.  I really hope I can revisit my big plans for a house addition to add a fish room.  For now, I'll be watching for your build updates. :)

You give great feedback so will definitely post this up. Your mixing station inspired me. My hope is to make maintenance as easy as possible so I don’t burn out. 

29 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

You give great feedback so will definitely post this up. Your mixing station inspired me. My hope is to make maintenance as easy as possible so I don’t burn out. 

I'm currently in the process of swapping out my old Red Sea sump for a new Trigger Systems sump with a rollermat.  Let me know if you might be in the market for a slightly used 24 gallon sump in the near future. :)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

I'm currently in the process of swapping out my old Red Sea sump for a new Trigger Systems sump with a rollermat.  Let me know if you might be in the market for a slightly used 24 gallon sump in the near future. :)

I was looking at Jamie’s but want the one with the roller mat too. My goal is to make things as low maintenance as possible so I don’t get burned out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CuttleFishandCoral said:

Super happy that u are back at it! About time. 

I’m so happy to be back! The time was right . I love that I can text you and you have what I need so I can get water in that tank! It was fun unboxing that huge shipment . Some really cool fish !

27 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

That was a sad day when you took your tank down. You had one of the best systems back in the day . I’m sure your new one is even better .

Not really, I think there is a saying in English language “no replacement for displacement “

I am Looking into building a new house so I can have a huge peninsula in the middle and a dedicated fish room like the last house I use to I have . But we are old timers I guess 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Danik said:

Not really, I think there is a saying in English language “no replacement for displacement “

I am Looking into building a new house so I can have a huge peninsula in the middle and a dedicated fish room like the last house I use to I have . But we are old timers I guess 

That sounds amazing . You should post up some pics of your system. You always had great color with your sps. You and madmike were a gold mine of goodies .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, titus'reef said:

That’s awesome 👏! It’s a good trend. Once you get a test of it, is hard not to get back. I was out for 4+ years too, but keeps some equipment for just in case. 

Yes I remember you. I think you lived in Gresham then.  And yes there is certain things I keep like MP10s koralias ATO. I always buy a new heater because I don’t trust them in a new tank. 
I kept this monster of DI canister . 

Let there be water :

00A9B0B6-AD59-42F3-8755-EAD149123BE2.jpegF33BDCCD-9DDB-4524-AA22-83712DAAE7C8.jpeg8A6EF091-FC54-4EAA-A24B-EA44BCFB9ABA.jpeg

• Like 2