Aquascape

Gumby

First time making my aquascape from small rumble rock. I am trying to make an SPS dominated tank. I think it is turning out alright. It will have a lot of water flow all around and through the middle. I am rescaping a third of my tank every couple months. So do not upset my eco system too much through the change. 

20210320_203007.jpg

20210320_202935.jpg

20210306_143500.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Looks good Jim! What did you use to keep the rocks together. I saw a video where they used sand and a liquid super glue and it formed a really tight bond.

Thank you! I used a super glue with an accelerator to hold quickly to start. I tried the Marco mortar. It worked alright but found some marine epoxy adheres to the rock better for me. I found the super glue itself to hold multiple rocks together does not have enough strength. I was able to avoid drilling holes in the rock and using rods.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bicyclebill said:

That looks good Jim! I used the Marco cement stuff and found it worked awesome if you got the mix just right. And just right is a pretty narrow window

Thanks Bill. Mostly having issues on the archway. Worked good on the other areas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...