Shout out to Cuttlefish and the crew!

Emerald525

Just wanted to say thanks to Jeff , Austin , and Corey. I have this monster of a DI unit that I got ten years ago. This thing is too heavy for me to lift and empty and Jeff was willing to give me the DI resin and Austin took it out of the car and emptied it and switched out the resin at no extra cost ! Just like Shane company Cuttlefish is having a friend in the saltwater business !! You think it’s overkill for a 25 lagoon?🤔

🥰

305128C6-A782-450B-867C-6B2A0D034F5A.jpeg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheClark said:

This is the way!

For DI, so much easier if you have the space.  Love it.

So cool Cnc took care of everything, its a great LFS to shop for sure.

Do you have one of these ? It really doesn’t take up much space as usually most people have a lot of vertical height. It fits in most closets and depending on your system and how many breaks you take it can be ten years before you need to fill it again!😂

15 minutes ago, The ReefBox said:

I feel something in the future is coming.  It’s starts small!!

That’s the plan. See how I like this and then go with a bigger system ? You want to help build me a fish room ?  Sirena is looking now to start another seahorse tank. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:

Dang, I didn't even know that was a thing! I actually bought one of the 44lb boxes of DI resin. What a chump I am for refilling my little canister all the time. I think I need to look into this. Talk about a time saver in the long run!

It was a group buy deal ten years ago. I don’t know where they came from but Jeff, MattV and a few other folks got in on it. I saw on for sale a few years back from Caolewis but it’s not like a need two.  I was dreading the day I needed to refill it because It gets pretty heavy with the water. 

• Like 1

Very generous of you @CuttleFishandCoralbut that isn't anything new!  Didn't know anyone in the club had those large DI tanks at home.  We use several in the RO/DI system at work that serves our building (including two large zebrafish facilities) so am used to seeing them... just not at home 😃  Sounds like you got a deal on resin at some point - not cheap stuff!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Very generous of you @CuttleFishandCoralbut that isn't anything new!  Didn't know anyone in the club had those large DI tanks at home.  We use several in the RO/DI system at work that serves our building (including two large zebrafish facilities) so am used to seeing them... just not at home 😃  Sounds like you got a deal on resin at some point - not cheap stuff!

Yeah Jeff gave me at his cost which was 185 dollars. I love that he does what he can to make this hobby affordable for hobbyists.  Considering I last switched it out in 2012 (granted with some breaks) it’s a bargain!

• Like 1

Just now, Emerald525 said:

Yeah Jeff gave me at his cost which was 185 dollars. I love that he does what he can to make this hobby affordable for hobbyists.  Considering I last switched it out in 2012 (granted with some breaks) it’s a bargain!

Nice!  That is one thing about PDX water - you can actually do an effective job with DI only and not run through resin like crazy.  Very practical!

3 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Nice!  That is one thing about PDX water - you can actually do an effective job with DI only and not run through resin like crazy.  Very practical!

Exactly I run it through the sediment filters carbon filters and zero TDS for year and can the RO membrane.

I had this lying around.  Notice the little bag of DI resin . That wouldn’t leave a dent in that monster 😂 
8B52087F-D423-44A2-977B-C5F328080753.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Emerald525 said:

Exactly I run it through the sediment filters carbon filters and zero TDS for year and can the RO membrane.

I had this lying around.  Notice the little bag of DI resin . That wouldn’t leave a dent in that monster 😂 
8B52087F-D423-44A2-977B-C5F328080753.jpeg

If you don't need it anymore PM me 😊

On 3/22/2021 at 12:26 PM, Emerald525 said:

Do you have one of these ? It really doesn’t take up much space as usually most people have a lot of vertical height. It fits in most closets and depending on your system and how many breaks you take it can be ten years before you need to fill it again!😂

That’s the plan. See how I like this and then go with a bigger system ? You want to help build me a fish room ?  Sirena is looking now to start another seahorse tank. 

I do!  These are the best.

I would totally help, but am completely overcommitted in every aspect of life 😂

• Like 2