Mojano wand / laser available?

John Vinson

From someone who lost the battle with Majanos, my advice is if the rocks can be physically removed and treated (majano removed physically with razor and area burnt with a torch), I would do that instead. I have a laser and tried that, which does kind of knock them back but they almost always still come back. Majano wand wasn’t affective in my experience. Good luck.

49 minutes ago, Blue Z Reef said:

From someone who lost the battle with Majanos, my advice is if the rocks can be physically removed and treated (majano removed physically with razor and area burnt with a torch), I would do that instead. I have a laser and tried that, which does kind of knock them back but they almost always still come back. Majano wand wasn’t affective in my experience. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback....I hadn't heard about taking a torch to them (I have heard of scrubbing them with a toothbrush and calcwasser, or hitting them with a soldering iron)

I have a majano wand if you want to try it. PM me and we can figure out details. I’ve used it before and it seemed to do the job, if you are thorough and keep up on it. A torch does the trick if you can remove the rock, and seems to be a really good solution, but if you can’t remove the rock for some reason the wand worked for me.  Been a few years since I’ve seen one so I’m sure I can live without it for a while. 

12 hours ago, reef-fisher said:

I have a majano wand if you want to try it. PM me and we can figure out details. I’ve used it before and it seemed to do the job, if you are thorough and keep up on it. A torch does the trick if you can remove the rock, and seems to be a really good solution, but if you can’t remove the rock for some reason the wand worked for me.  Been a few years since I’ve seen one so I’m sure I can live without it for a while. 

That'd be awesome...PM sent!