What's going on with Tropic Marin?

Bighoho

So I've been on the hunt for Tropic Marin All for Reef and Pro salt.  Seems like there is a shortage everywhere anyone have a beat on why this might be?  Did they shutdown due to covid restrictions?   Inquiring minds what to know :) 

Anyone have suggestions for alternatives as well?

I am thinking of the best way to switch over to Red Sea or something different, what would be y’all recommendation for switching over salts then since it doesn’t look like tropic marin will be an option? There’s no way you should just one day do a full water change with new salt right? Gradually add the new stuff into some water changes towards the end of the bucket?

9 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

I think that on the long list of things for a successful tank, what type of salt is really low on the list. Like near the bottom

I am kinda in that same boat.  Been using good old Kent for years.  But hey, I haven't done a water change in years either...so there is that controversial issue too :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lazyreefer said:

I am thinking of the best way to switch over to Red Sea or something different, what would be y’all recommendation for switching over salts then since it doesn’t look like tropic marin will be an option? There’s no way you should just one day do a full water change with new salt right? Gradually add the new stuff into some water changes towards the end of the bucket?

Thinking too much into it. Just buy Red Sea salt and do your regular water changes with it. Get the Red Sea that matches your alk the closest. 

• Like 1