You can’t make that stuff up

Manny Tavan

Was feeding LRS to my tank as usual. I just throw big chunks of it. Walk to the freezer to put the rest back. Turn around and I see my yellow tang sideways at the bottom of the tank. He was fine 5 seconds ago. He’s not breathing well and not moving. I reach into the tank and when I grab it - a puff of LRS chunks squirts out of his mouth. He’s moving now but looks dazed and barely swimming. At least he’s upright...10 seconds later he’s back to normal  

so who else has had to perform fish Heimlich maneuver before?

Edited by Manny Tavan
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Manny Tavan said:

Was feeding LRS to my tank as usual. I just throw big chunks of it. Walk to the freezer to put the rest back. Turn around and I see my yellow tang sideways at the bottom of the tank. He was fine 5 seconds ago. He’s not breathing well and not moving. I reach into the tank and when I grab it - a puff of LRS chunks squirts out of his mouth. He’s moving now but looks dazed and barely swimming. At least he’s upright...10 seconds later he’s back to normal  

so who else has had to perform fish Heimlich maneuver before?

Glad that ended well but dang!  Never ceases to amaze me what certain fish will try and eat.