Issue with a fish

psychofireman

Looks to me that it was getting beat up a bit.  The risk now is secondary infection.  Antibiotics would be a good move.  In a QT tank would be best.  I have a 20g long setup if you need to borrow it.  I have a fair amount of antibiotics as well.  

I would post your pics on humblefish.com. for expert advice. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The ReefBox said:

More background on your tank, and other fish???

I have 3 clowns, 3 anemone, 1 scopis, 1 sailfin, 3 dams, 1 wrasse, 1 two stripe gobie, lawnmower blennie and 2 pajamas. 55 gal, running uv sterilization. 2 canister filter, protein skimmer, in tank refugium. Only Skeletor (the tang) has the spots. And they don’t quite look like coliflower but it is solid looking chunks of white

Edited by psychofireman

16 hours ago, psychofireman said:

I have 3 clowns, 3 anemone, 1 scopis, 1 sailfin, 3 dams, 1 wrasse, 1 two stripe gobie, lawnmower blennie and 2 pajamas. 55 gal, running uv sterilization. 2 canister filter, protein skimmer, in tank refugium. Only Skeletor (the tang) has the spots. And they don’t quite look like coliflower but it is solid looking chunks of white

Wait. You have all those fish included multiple tangs in a 55g?

22 hours ago, psychofireman said:

AF6FB628-0FC6-4DD5-9C32-C7A7CC5A8E1F.thumb.jpeg.83bcca038140af8ce489fa2f2e93fa14.jpegthis shows the spots on it’s underbelly better

12 minutes ago, The ReefBox said:

Agreed on too many fish and likely getting aggression issue. I looked closer at those pics.  I think those are flukes on the tail fin. Need to freshwater dip 

Good eye, Brian. Yeah those look like flukes for sure. I'd agree with everyone else. Torn up tail looks like it's being chewed on by some tank mates. My guess would be the sail fin, but could even be the clowns or damsels. 

20210215_093955.jpg

3 minutes ago, psychofireman said:
11 hours ago, danlu_gt said:

Any other ways to kill flukes? I tried netting  him but without out knocking over everything that isn’t working. 

You need Prazi-Pro. You can actually dose it directly into the tank (one of the very few medications that you can do that). I have some in Scappoose I could give you although it looks like you're in Vancouver. I'm not sure if there is someone or some store that is more local that might have it.

https://www.amazon.com/Hikari-Usa-AHK73254-Prazipro-Aquarium/dp/B004LOBGYA/ref=pd_lpo_199_t_0/136-7387985-0205907?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B004LOBGYA&pd_rd_r=93dbcbe2-3777-497e-9c1a-e2c6155186ad&pd_rd_w=ikfOi&pd_rd_wg=aCls3&pf_rd_p=16b28406-aa34-451d-8a2e-b3930ada000c&pf_rd_r=YQXBGTBSH6V8ET9NFKKP&psc=1&refRID=YQXBGTBSH6V8ET9NFKKP