Introducing Live Reef Rubble

EMeyer

This is the first of a few new products and services I'm rolling out at AquaBiomics, and I wanted to let you guys know about it first: Live Reef Rubble. This is genuine, old-school live rock tested by DNA sequencing so you know exactly what you're adding to your tank. 

LRR1.thumb.jpg.acf72f1fb2996692d00cceae17162a32.jpg

This is the same material I've previously written about for starting new reef tanks. I've set up some dedicated fish-free systems in my new greenhouse for this rubble ... the material is authentic Branch Rock from Tonga, just in small pieces. Perfect for seeding a new tank, while minimizing the risks associated with low quality live rock of unknown origin. 

LRR7.thumb.jpg.a555e0bac03a629f933b9dff802d45bf.jpg

This product is not sold by the pound, and it's not for aquascaping. This rubble is a unique product intended to establish natural biodiversity in your reef tank, and offers several unique advantages:

• Shipped in seawater from the reef to your tank, to preserve the living communities in the rocks
  • Contains functional nitrifying communities with both ammonia-oxidizing and nitrite-oxidizing microbes
  • Contains hundreds of different types of microbes from the major families found in mature reef tanks
  • Maintained in fish-free tanks to minimize exposure to fish pathogens
  • Each batch is tested by DNA sequencing to confirm it’s free of parasites and pathogens
  • Includes a certificate of analysis so you know exactly which microbes you’re adding to your tank

Although this process isn't cheap, I believe the end product is worth it. Nowhere else can you buy a product containing hundreds of types of live marine microbes, tested to confirm its pathogen- and parasite-free, with a complete list of ingredients. Natural levels of biodiversity in your tank within 2 weeks. 

No bottled product on the market even comes close (I say this after having measured exactly what's in the bottled bacterial products). 

To demonstrate how effective this material is, I'll put my money where my mouth is and send a *FREE* test of your aquarium's microbiome for the first 2 PNWMAS members to buy a batch. Test before adding it, then 2 weeks later, and share the results here so we can all judge for ourselves. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, half-astronaut said:

Alright, I'll bite. Purchased. Order #20028

Got your order, thanks!

I'll ship this out tomorrow along with two sampling kits so we can test before and after. You'll get some automated emails about the sampling kits, but can ignore them, the tests are 100% discounted. 

Is it a new tank or already established? 

6 hours ago, Lazyreefer said:

So have the two been purchased already or not I haven’t received a reply yet 

Sorry I failed to get back to you - absolutely, you spoke first, you get one for sure. 

Easiest thing is just place an order for the rubble, that way you're in the system and I can add an order for free testing. Let me know if you run into any bugs. 

Thanks! 

11 hours ago, EMeyer said:

Sorry I failed to get back to you - absolutely, you spoke first, you get one for sure. 

Easiest thing is just place an order for the rubble, that way you're in the system and I can add an order for free testing. Let me know if you run into any bugs. 

Thanks! 

No worries at all just checking in, I just made the order though it’s order number 20069. Thank you very much!  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I thought I'd add an example from one of the batches we recently sold out of. (It took about 45 minutes to sell out of the entire batch)

Here are some highlights: 

• Over 800 different types of microbes
  • 13 different kinds of Ammonia-oxidizing microbes including both Bacteria and Archaea
  • 4 kinds of Nitrite-oxidizing Bacteria
  • No evidence of any of the known Bacterial pathogens
  • Over 100 different types of Eukaryotic organisms, including worms, sponges, tunicates, and lots of protists
  • No evidence of known parasites or pest species
  • A complete list of ingredients 

Here's the complete report provided along with each order of rock from this batch:

rock3.1_COA.html

That batch is gone, but I'm preparing and testing another five batches now... it should be ready Mid April, anyone interested in buying a batch can join the waitlist at

https://aquabiomics.com/product/live-reef-rubble

ALSO - a secret tip for my PNWMAS friends - it sells out faster on AquaBiomics than Orchard Reef. So if you miss a chance to buy it on AquaBiomics when it comes up, check the same product on Orchard Reef for a second chance. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lifer said:

Hey @Emerald525, I've been tracking your recent cycle thread, and was thinking that this Live Reef Rubble could be a good way to get all diversity benefits of live rock but none of the pest issues.

Thanks for bumping this thread. I was just thinking it might be nice to get some of this. I do have a big tub of dried out rock but this looks like it may be a good option. I will have to read more.  I am really trying to take things slow and it’s better but I need to stop buying coral for a tank that’s not even up yet.

• Haha 1