Nanobox light failure

junior

I have a nanobox led hybrid light and it failed to power up the led's today. After some testing I think its the bluefish mini controller but am not good enough with testing to know for sure. All led drivers power up without issue but no power to the controller as far as I can tell.

Does anyone have suggestions on someone that may be able to help? Happy to pay help.

1 hour ago, spectra said:

Were you the original buyer of the light ?

If so have you contacted Dave ? I know he doesnt make the lights right now but he my be able to help...........

Spencer is the one to talk to about the bluefish stuff................

Dave shut down his tank recently. He's basically fully out. 

The controller is toast as far as I can tell. Strong smell of ozone coming off of it when I pulled the whole unit apart. The controller board doesn't light up so no way to get the imp card to respond. When I opened up to get to the boards it is an absolute rats nest of wiring so I am going to have to take all the boards out and try to get it organized before I can even start to figure it out.

Dave is out completely as far as I can find because Nanobox has shuttered their doors as of end of 2020. I'm also searching for the Nanobox array v3.1 but nobody has any left. More or less owners are left to kind of figure it out on their own.

I have a another bluefish controller inbound, hopefully, and am going to just multi meter test everything to find the fault that caused the original to meltdown then fingers crossed.

I am not proficient in wiring led's so not sure if I can find it and prevent another meltdown.

Definitely sticking to larger brands since I have had one problem after another with this light.

Edited by junior

I have a couple 13up NB boards on a passive heatsink that I was using as a light bar on a 4x24 ATI years ago. I was running the whites off of a 350ma meanwell and the blues off of a 700ma. Easy way to run them without a controller.

I’d be happy to walk you through wiring them up if you decide to go that route.

19 hours ago, xmas_one said:

I have a couple 13up NB boards on a passive heatsink that I was using as a light bar on a 4x24 ATI years ago. I was running the whites off of a 350ma meanwell and the blues off of a 700ma. Easy way to run them without a controller.

I’d be happy to walk you through wiring them up if you decide to go that route.

That would be awesome. Could you message me your number? Thank you.

Have a few frags I would be willing to give as a thank you.