SPS growth - finally!

reefrun

My SPSs have been growing SO slowly for years now, which is painful because I love them so much! I'm finally getting some things taking off and this is the most exciting one. I bought this frag well over a year ago and it just encrusted a ton and stalled out (original frag is the set of branches on the left)  

Bill Murray growth ->  Dec 5th to Jan 20th
?hash=89940e835577db44a92a6b3385bf47c5

Keep the faith friends!

• Like 9

Just now, reefrun said:

That frag browned out and sat dormant for a while before it even started to encrust. I thought of tossing it so many times lol 

I have learned to never toss out a frag unless it is 100% bleached, covered in algae, definitely dead.  It's amazing how some can recover from even the smallest amount of living tissue.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, albertareef said:

Nice!  Exciting to see something finally take off. I am just keeping my fingers crossed for staying alive at this point.  Let me know when you start fragging that 😀

Ugh you've had the worst luck... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, reefrun said:

Ugh you've had the worst luck... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Jamie - me too!  Just took some macro pics of the new additions yesterday and you could see polyp extension on all the SPS frags so hoping things turned a corner.  Had a few false rebounds though so keeping my enthusiasm in check for now 😀  Hope I get to see the new setup some day... seems like things are kicking into gear.

• 3 months later...
On 5/17/2021 at 4:12 PM, albertareef said:

Niece piece Jamie!  At least I can get some vicarious enjoyment out of your tank bouncing back 🙂 

I owe you sooo much for your tank sitting over the years you just let me know when you’re ready for what and I’ll take care of you! 

• Like 1