Professional at starting over

Lord Snow

Hello Everyone,

I have been in the hobby from over 30 years but started my first marine tank about 4 years ago. Through growing pains I have wiped out my share of life. Because of this I choose for my Senior Project at Oregon Institute of Technology a web application that allows people to build an entire tank before buying anything. So I might be reaching out for some test users lol.

My hope is to have some people give advice on coral placement and meet some awesome new hobbyist. 

Thanks,

Bobby

IMG_7279.jpg

IMG_7278.jpg

3 hours ago, Lord Snow said:

Hello Everyone,

I have been in the hobby from over 30 years but started my first marine tank about 4 years ago. Through growing pains I have wiped out my share of life. Because of this I choose for my Senior Project at Oregon Institute of Technology a web application that allows people to build an entire tank before buying anything. So I might be reaching out for some test users lol.

My hope is to have some people give advice on coral placement and meet some awesome new hobbyist. 

Thanks,

Bobby

IMG_7279.jpg

IMG_7278.jpg

I would suggest placing the coral inside if the tank. They Always seem to dry out and die if left outside of the tank.

This sounds like an interesting project.  Will this include choices on types of equipment, mechanisms for nutrient export, water parameter control, lighting options and how those may affect the various types of fish and coral species that can be maintained?  I could see a lot of work going into something that would have predictive value regarding livestock compatibility.  Good luck!

18 hours ago, albertareef said:

This sounds like an interesting project.  Will this include choices on types of equipment, mechanisms for nutrient export, water parameter control, lighting options and how those may affect the various types of fish and coral species that can be maintained?  I could see a lot of work going into something that would have predictive value regarding livestock compatibility.  Good luck!

Just an app that guides lighting needs based off spread, mounting plan, and tank dimensions would be cool

On 1/21/2021 at 1:29 PM, albertareef said:

That is the plan yes. I plan to continue to work on this as long as it take. The logic is not the hard part for me! 

• Like 1