Yeah that upgrade came quick. 150g

Reefsakes

After discussing with my wife about the space for a bigger tank in the house. Without sacrificing our dining window. I wouldn't be able to fit what I originally planned. So alternatively since I do have about a 7' wall space between my dining room and kitchen. SCA had a nice sale on their 150g 60x24x24. So here it is. Now I can have my gem tang and not feel bad lol. 

20210116_194945.jpg

20210116_194931.jpg

• Like 6

Sweet! I bought their 150g with external overflow back in July! Beautiful tanks, and great price. I’m really glad I went eurobrace. I actually just put a jack post under mine this afternoon! My floor joists are 4x8 on 48” centers, and it was a cheap covid project to occupy part of my long weekend. What are you doing for a stand? 

10 hours ago, Bicyclebill said:

Sweet! I bought their 150g with external overflow back in July! Beautiful tanks, and great price. I’m really glad I went eurobrace. I actually just put a jack post under mine this afternoon! My floor joists are 4x8 on 48” centers, and it was a cheap covid project to occupy part of my long weekend. What are you doing for a stand? 

Nice! I need to support my floor as well for sure as it sits parallel to the joist. 

17 hours ago, Bicyclebill said:

Can you share pics how you supported yoir floor?

• 4 weeks later...

Been at a stall with this build. So I figured let's get some aquascape done. I made the outline of the tank and then outlined the perimeter where I want the rock work to stay within. I was able to grab some nice unicorn Tonga branches. I have been waiting forever to find tonga branches and luckily a local had 35 pounds of some nice pieces. I will be using most of them as the foundation. With the unique shapes of the branches it allows for great water flow through the bottom of your aquarium to minimize areas that can trap detritus as it sit on small multi points with open space and also good hiding spots for your fish. I think I have 3 good starting base now and will work my way up and around with archs, ledges and semi caves. 

20210214_105808.jpg

20210214_105914.jpg

20210214_105918.jpg

20210214_105922.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Almost got all my gear to set this system up. Just gotta get the clarisea 5000 over to Jason at Clear Fabrication to perfectly fit it in my custom 34x28x16 sump he is building for me. Should be a nice tricked system when done. I gotta figure out how to set up a auto water change remotely. Any ideas on that what greatly be appreciated. Thanks 

20210303_155846.jpg

Screenshot_20210302-220310_Messenger.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Reefsakes said:

I gotta figure out how to set up a auto water change remotely. Any ideas on that what greatly be appreciated. Thanks 

I have my system set up for auto water changes from my mixing station in my garage, about 30 feet from my display tank in my living room.  I ran 1/4" tubing and a long AquaBus cable through the wall between my tank and my mixing station, and have the Apex controlling a DOS in my garage to do daily water changes.  Let me know if you want specific details on this setup.

Mixing Station.jpg

1 hour ago, SuncrestReef said:

I have my system set up for auto water changes from my mixing station in my garage, about 30 feet from my display tank in my living room.  I ran 1/4" tubing and a long AquaBus cable through the wall between my tank and my mixing station, and have the Apex controlling a DOS in my garage to do daily water changes.  Let me know if you want specific details on this setup.

Mixing Station.jpg

Sweet! Yes I will have to pick your brain once I get to that part. I still need to build my mixing station as well. Appreciate your help!

3 hours ago, BeardUp said:

Looks like its coming along! I am jealous. I have been eyeing that sca 150. its such a good deal. 

Yeah I got it for an even better deal haha. A guy had it on offer up for $800 bucks. So saved a few hundo there. His wife said hell to the no you not having another fish tank lol. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Reefsakes said:

Sweet! Yes I will have to pick your brain once I get to that part. I still need to build my mixing station as well. Appreciate your help!

If you want details on my mixing station, I documented a complete plumbing parts list here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/suncrestreefs-red-sea-reefer-xl-425-build.358990/post-6173194

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man getting closer to having this thing set up. Only thing left is to drop off the clarisea to Jason Gregory at clear fabrication to have him start on the sump. Meow Meow Custom Aquarium Products did a nice job with the stand. Side panels are removable and held in place with magnets to.I have access all around the tank. Good space for all the gear and dry goods. Top of tank is eight at my eye level so perfect for viewing but I definitely will need a ladder to work in the tank.

20210320_183532.jpg

IMG_20210320_184849_181.jpg

IMG_20210320_184849_212.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 9:20 PM, SuncrestReef said:

If you want details on my mixing station, I documented a complete plumbing parts list here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/suncrestreefs-red-sea-reefer-xl-425-build.358990/post-6173194

I built my mixing station and auto water change setup based on @SuncrestReefdesign last spring.  This is the best thing I've done in Years!   Three things have me hooked.

1. By far the most valuable and important, the output valves fit a 5 gallon bucket under them.  Gravity filling a bucket is like 15 seconds of zero effort.

2. Auto Water Changes mean I actually get water changes done.   I find almost zero value in diverting my time to water changes... And my prior tank conditions showed it.  I use Apex DOS for AWC.  One head pulls old tank water and dumps it 75' away down the sink drain.  One head pulls new fresh salt water out of mixing station from 15 feet away.

3. Auto Stop for my RO unit.   I ran for years on the "RO into a tub", manual on/off, and just timed it for when to turn off.  Of course... more than one overflow happened.

My setup is now all automated.  With one exception, I don't auto-start a refill of the RO tank.   I wait until the tank is down a ways, and then manually Re-enable RO making.  Its just a personal choice.  Don't want RO unit pressurized and running every day.

Start here: 

Up and running about here:

Custom Apex toggle box for mixing station:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

I built my mixing station and auto water change setup based on @SuncrestReefdesign last spring.  This is the best thing I've done in Years!   Three things have me hooked.

1. By far the most valuable and important, the output valves fit a 5 gallon bucket under them.  Gravity filling a bucket is like 15 seconds of zero effort.

2. Auto Water Changes mean I actually get water changes done.   I find almost zero value in diverting my time to water changes... And my prior tank conditions showed it.  I use Apex DOS for AWC.  One head pulls old tank water and dumps it 75' away down the sink drain.  One head pulls new fresh salt water out of mixing station from 15 feet away.

3. Auto Stop for my RO unit.   I ran for years on the "RO into a tub", manual on/off, and just timed it for when to turn off.  Of course... more than one overflow happened.

My setup is now all automated.  With one exception, I don't auto-start a refill of the RO tank.   I wait until the tank is down a ways, and then manually Re-enable RO making.  Its just a personal choice.  Don't want RO unit pressurized and running every day.

Start here: 

Up and running about here:

Custom Apex toggle box for mixing station:

Appreciate it! My next project will be the water management system.

• 2 weeks later...