Priceless

pdxmonkeyboy

That was one heck of a wet windstorm.  Power stayed on here surprisingly and thankfully.

When it does go out for me, its not quite the luxury experience you guys have.

I have to go out, start the generator, run the extension cable, engage the interlock and selectively turn on circuits.

However, the tanks never go without power for more than 5 minutes if I am home, feels good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheClark said:

That was one heck of a wet windstorm.  Power stayed on here surprisingly and thankfully.

I have a weather station on my roof.  Take a look at the temperature, wind, rain, and pressure all change rapidly as the cold front came through around midnight last night:

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 8.51.34 PM.png

Here's the link to my live weather data on Cooper Mountain in Beaverton:  https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KORBEAVE67 

• Like 1

I always ponder getting a generator, but can never pull the trigger. Luckily, the power lines in our neighborhood are all underground. That means we only lose power when the actual substation has issues. I think in the last 6 years we went without power for maybe a couple hours once or twice. It's extremely unheard of so I can't bring myself to getting a unit.... Still tempted though. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:

I always ponder getting a generator, but can never pull the trigger. Luckily, the power lines in our neighborhood are all underground. That means we only lose power when the actual substation has issues. I think in the last 6 years we went without power for maybe a couple hours once or twice. It's extremely unheard of so I can't bring myself to getting a unit.... Still tempted though. 

All the utility lines in my neighborhood are underground, too.  Yet in the 10 years I've lived here there has still been at least one power outage per year, with the longest being about 8 hours a few years ago before I got into reefing.  Stupid things: a squirrel fried at a power substation, a car crash into a major power pole, a construction backhoe digging in the wrong place, a planned utility pole replacement project leading to my neighborhood, and of course wind/ice storms.

• Like 1

Just now, SuncrestReef said:

All the utility lines in my neighborhood are underground, too.  Yet in the 10 years I've lived here there has still been at least one power outage per year, with the longest being about 8 hours a few years ago before I got into reefing.  Stupid things: a squirrel fried at a power substation, a car crash into a major power pole, a construction backhoe digging in the wrong place, a planned utility pole replacement project leading to my neighborhood, and of course wind/ice storms.

Dang, that's wild!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

I have a weather station on my roof.

Why does this not surprise me 😀

11 hours ago, danlu_gt said:

Power was out for 14hrs.  Lesson learned... tankless hot water is great till there's a power outage.  Haha

Brrrr.  Hadn't thought about that - hate cold showers!  Hope the tank did OK.

• Haha 1