Coral prop tools question

Parzifal

Alrighty.... it’s time I get some tools instead of only using my unbelievably massive brute strength to break off coral pieces.

options are:

1) brs deluxe coral prop kit

2) brs normal prop kit

3) martial arts Classes to learn karate chopping techniques

4)something else entirely

also, what’s your favorite superglue? I’m getting tired of pressing the frags onto plugs with manual force in order to fuse the pieces together. It’s starting to hurt my sensitive fingers.

Edited by Parzifal
  • Haha 1

My favorite glue by far is IC gel from bob smith.  It comes in a huge tube and comes with 2 or 3 extra tips. 

The dollar tree glue works well also but i don't like shopping at "big pile of chinese [language filter]" stores.  Dollar tree, walmart, etc. 

Get yourself a little mister bottle of accelerator as well, works really well. 

209680_bsi_ic-gel_.7oz-a_1_1.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

My favorite glue by far is IC gel from bob smith.  It comes in a huge tube and comes with 2 or 3 extra tips. 

The dollar tree glue works well also but i don't like shopping at "big pile of chinese [language filter]" stores.  Dollar tree, walmart, etc. 

Get yourself a little mister bottle of accelerator as well, works really well. 

209680_bsi_ic-gel_.7oz-a_1_1.jpg

I'll second this recommendation.  Bob Smith Industries glue and BSI Insta-Set.   Insta-Set was the game changer for me.  But, I do rinse my newly glued coral&plug before dropping them back into the system.    Even a simple dip and a Solo cup of tank salt water is enough.   

And for my work, I only used two tools.    Large BRS SPS Coral Bone Cutter (most important),  BRS Large Curved Blade SPS Coral Cutter (when they're BIG or Really tough). 

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Recently I acquired an aqua saw.   I fragged for a long time without one.  But I'll nod, It REALLY makes a difference to cut a smooth surface to glue down.   And super easy to use.    

image.png

• Like 1