Reborn Calcium reactor media......now available

MrBret

Marine depot contacted Julian Sprung and he said that his new reborn is the same stuff but crushed in a smaller size. That’s a lie in my opinion. The new stuff has gravel and trash in it. It’s literally the type of stuff you would find at a beach

this new reborn has snail shells, gravel, plant material, plastic pieces, pieces of paper

CEF17CE8-A4C8-4A09-9987-445E7F581D8F.jpeg

Edited by Manny Tavan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2020 at 11:36 PM, Manny Tavan said:

Marine depot contacted Julian Sprung and he said that his new reborn is the same stuff but crushed in a smaller size. That’s a lie in my opinion. The new stuff has gravel and trash in it. It’s literally the type of stuff you would find at a beach

this new reborn has snail shells, gravel, plant material, plastic pieces, pieces of paper

CEF17CE8-A4C8-4A09-9987-445E7F581D8F.jpeg

Well that is disturbing.  I crashed my tank from some organic metal containing contaminant in a reactor mix but have yet to find these kinds of items.  I've been going through my material with a magnet prior to adding to the reactor now but hate to see this level of garbage.  I have run ARM successfully in the past in a relatively high flow, high pH setup FWIW.

• Thanks 1