Jump to content

Apex users


Reefsakes
 Share

Recommended Posts

No, it shouldn't take that long. Try this:

Open a web browser and navigate to https://apexfusion.com and log in with your Fusion account.  See if it lists your Apex and if so, click it to go to the dashboard.  If it shows up properly, then that means the Apex setup is complete and the app on your phone is just hung up.  If that's the case, kill the app on your phone and re-launch it, which should take you to the Apex dashboard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

No, it shouldn't take that long. Try this:

Open a web browser and navigate to https://apexfusion.com and log in with your Fusion account.  See if it lists your Apex and if so, click it to go to the dashboard.  If it shows up properly, then that means the Apex setup is complete and the app on your phone is just hung up.  If that's the case, kill the app on your phone and re-launch it, which should take you to the Apex dashboard.

It's asking me about some token? I don't see no token.

Screenshot_20201223-200505_Samsung Internet.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Also, do you have any other device besides an Android to use for the setup?  I have helped many people with Apex setup, and those with Androids have always had issues.  It works much easier on an iPhone/iPad, PC, or Mac.

Sadly I don't use any apple device lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess is that the Apex needs to make a call to the fusion site and for some reason your local (home) router wasn't allowing the connection.  Without manual control over a firewall you have to rely on the dynamic nature of the router to allow the outbound connection and that doesn't always work for non-standard ports or "services" that devices like the apex use.  I do network stuff for a living and this is my best guess based on your having to reset your router.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rmhigby said:

My guess is that the Apex needs to make a call to the fusion site and for some reason your local (home) router wasn't allowing the connection.  Without manual control over a firewall you have to rely on the dynamic nature of the router to allow the outbound connection and that doesn't always work for non-standard ports or "services" that devices like the apex use.  I do network stuff for a living and this is my best guess based on your having to reset your router.  

Yeah that could be a possibility. I'm just glad I am connected now lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2020 at 8:57 PM, Reefsakes said:

 

20201223_205715.jpg

Maybe you're already doing something else, but you're going to run into issues when you try and get 8 cords through those little grommets. The 8 cords themselves will fit, but you'll have a hard time putting all the plugs through. I just hooked my board up and made a similar mistake. So I just cut in an additional hole. I also cut the cap part to allow more cords and still close off any remaining space. Looks good, though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Higher Thinking said:

Maybe you're already doing something else, but you're going to run into issues when you try and get 8 cords through those little grommets. The 8 cords themselves will fit, but you'll have a hard time putting all the plugs through. I just hooked my board up and made a similar mistake. So I just cut in an additional hole. I also cut the cap part to allow more cords and still close off any remaining space. Looks good, though!

Yup I thought of that. I put 1 hole on top and one on bottom for 4 cords each hole. I appreciate your thoughts though. Thank you

20201226_170430.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, rmhigby said:

My guess is that the Apex needs to make a call to the fusion site and for some reason your local (home) router wasn't allowing the connection.  Without manual control over a firewall you have to rely on the dynamic nature of the router to allow the outbound connection and that doesn't always work for non-standard ports or "services" that devices like the apex use.  I do network stuff for a living and this is my best guess based on your having to reset your router.  

Neptune had wide-spread Fusion outages on Thursday and Friday.  Mine never had an issue, but it's possible the connection problems were dependent on your Internet provider, and it's possible the outages started on Wednesday when @Reefsakes was having the initial problem.  Neptune has not yet posted any official explanation for the outages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...