Plastic hose clamp

Lazyreefer

6 minutes ago, Lazyreefer said:

I ordered a bunch of 3/4 and 1 inch plastic hose clamps from brs just to be safe and literally none of them fit my 3/4 tubes. Anybody bought some from ace hardware or Home Depot that are reef safe they can point me in the direction too? Thanks. 

I think those clamps only fit the braided type vinyl tubing with a larger OD. I just use nylon zip ties if below water line or near salt spray.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Willapa said:

I think those clamps only fit the braided type vinyl tubing with a larger OD. I just use nylon zip ties if below water line or near salt spray.

3 hours ago, obrien.david.j said:

You got bit by my mail order fears.  Is my understanding of Size, the same way they're quoting it.   When first ordering, I usually order a range of sizes to figure out what I really need.  (Yes I have a box of, Not-the-right-size stuff.)

Yes I think you might be right it is for braided but I bought a few 3/4 and 1 inches so I felt like I should be safe but I received some too small and some too big but none the right size 😂 nylon zip ties might be the winner as it will be under water 👍🏻

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, reef-fisher said:

I get mine at ace hardware. They usually seem to have the oddball fittings and such I can’t find other places. Between work and reefing I’m usually there twice a week. They know me and love that I always bring a challenge 

Nice I appreciate that, I ended up going to ace and getting just the white nylon zip ties to use under water and above water in places they seem to work fine! I wish my ace was like that they always seem annoyed when I ask about stuff for the tanks!