Mixing station, pump on timer

Trailermann

Since I got no useful feedback on R2R, perhaps some sympathetic club member has some advice. 

I am wondering why many people run a pump periodically to circulate the salt mix once the salt is thoroughly dissolved. Any ideas?

Second question: If a closed loop is set up with canister filter and pump, would that reduce the brown precipitate that forms in the salt mix tank?  It is extremely inconvenient for me to clean out the bottom of the tank every two to three months.  I saw some set up on BRS earlier but cannot find it now.

On 12/10/2020 at 1:57 PM, Trailermann said:

Since I got no useful feedback on R2R, perhaps some sympathetic club member has some advice. 

I am wondering why many people run a pump periodically to circulate the salt mix once the salt is thoroughly dissolved. Any ideas?

Second question: If a closed loop is set up with canister filter and pump, would that reduce the brown precipitate that forms in the salt mix tank?  It is extremely inconvenient for me to clean out the bottom of the tank every two to three months.  I saw some set up on BRS earlier but cannot find it now.

People do a lot of things just because other people do them. And those other people only do them because they heard of someone else doing it. I think having some healthy skepticism is good. In this case though, I'm not really sure whether there is merit to long term or period recirculating. 

I recall BRS doing some kind of test about keeping the pump going continuously or just a few hours. You'll have to look it up because I can't remember the conclusion to which is best. Maybe it was a day or two.... 🤷🏼‍♂️

On another note, I've yet to scrub down my mixing barrels. I probably should. I just open the spigot and flush the first half gallon because that inevitably has a lot of sediment. Maybe I'll improve on this process someday.