APEX Energy Bar Outlets 2 and 7

shaywood

Does anyone know whether outlets 2 and 7 are somehow connected?  These two outlets have been unused until today. I connected a BRS doser to my second energy bar outlet 7 and a simple light on outlet 2.  The only programing I have for both is Fallback OFF. I'm unable to manually turn outlet 7 on. BUT, if I turn on outlet 2, then turn out 7 on (still not working), when I turn outlet 2 off - outlet 7 starts working.  All other outlet are working fine. This seem intermittent and not always consistant.  Only consistancy is 2 and 7 seem hard to control.  Might there by some programinig somewhere else?

Strange!

Shawn

Programming on one output cannot block another output from being manually or programmatically controlled.  

Is this an EB832, or the older EB8?  The older EB8 uses TRIAC solid-state switches on outputs 1-3 and 5-7.  Only output 4 and 8 use mechanical relays (the ones that make an audible "click" when they turn on and off).  Due to a limitation on TRIAC switches, they can have a problem controlling devices which have very low power draw (under 4-5 watts) so Neptune always recommends connecting low-power devices to output 4 or 8 don't suffer from that limitation.  The newer EB832 uses mechanical relays for all 8 outputs, so it doesn't have this problem with low-power devices.

Thanks, was hoping you would reply.  This is a newer EB832.  The BRS doser only draws 3 watts.  I've noticed that turning on/off other outlets on the same energy bar seem to trigger it on/or off as requested. For example, I also have a cabinet light on the same bar.  I'll turn the doser on and it won't reply. Then, I turn the cabinet light on/or off, and the doser starts working!

2 minutes ago, shaywood said:

Thanks, was hoping you would reply.  This is a newer EB832.  The BRS doser only draws 3 watts.  I've noticed that turning on/off other outlets on the same energy bar seem to trigger it on/or off as requested. For example, I also have a cabinet light on the same bar.  I'll turn the doser on and it won't reply. Then, I turn the cabinet light on/or off, and the doser starts working!

OK, the EB832 should not have any limitations on that doser.  If a particular output is misbehaving, then I would take the following actions in this sequence to rule out possible problems:

1. Update the EB832 module software (even if it currently reports the software version is OK).
2. Reboot the Apex.
3. Carefully inspect each AquaBus port and every AquaBus cable end for any corrosion.  Corrosion on single connector (even an unused port) can wreak havoc on Apex communications across all the modules in unexpected ways.

22 minutes ago, shaywood said:

Does there have to be any programing in the advanced code?  Ie. Fallback or Set?  Or, can that be blank?

Regardless of the programming on any output, if you move the slider to ON or OFF, it should respond.  The programming is only followed if you have it set to AUTO.