Review: PNWCustom - Custom Acrylic Tank Assessories

Bighoho

I finally got my hands on some @PNWCustom gear!  First, off I have to say the owner, operator, and designer of these acrylic tank accessories Mr. Harley Finberg is amazing to work with! Every question I had, design detail I wanted he addressed and walked me through the process. He is quick to respond and his customer service is through the roof, so good, in fact, I kept adding new pieces to my order. PNWCustom will work with you on getting any custom designs, shapes, and sizes you want to be done, all you need to do is ask.

STORE | Pnwcustom

www.pnw-custom.com www.pnw-custom.com

First off shipping and packaging: Well packed with lots of protection against the bumps and bruises of shipping. I got a box within a box within a box

IMG_4242 (2).JPG

Next was the swag: I love stickers and I got sent three! Great pieces to add to the collection!

IMG_4251.JPG

Warranty and Care instructions: Top notch! I like that this came with the product, I know you can typically find this info on a website, for me, it was a personal touch that I find is needed in these quarantine times.
IMG_4243.JPG

On to the acrylic pieces! The first thing you'll notice is the quality acrylic, clean edges of the cuts, seals to prevent magnet corrosion. Each piece was designed to I got one of every type of piece made at PNW Custom (except for his magnetic rock structure, probably will get ordered soon).
IMG_4246.JPG 
IMG_4250.JPG

The show frag rack will be going into the QT tank, the clear acrylic will help to monitor for those pesky pests, I have the rack custom-fitted to go into a specific spot in the tank. It's a great addition and will also helps to prevent mushrooms that detach from falling off the rack (an issue I had with egg crates).

IMG_4245.JPG

IMG_4244.JPG

Mushroom/Anemone boxes: These were the pieces that I was most excited about! The boxes come in two standard sizes; small (4in x 3in x 2.5in) and large (dimensions to come), I'm sure you could ask for a custom size if you wanted though. As mentioned before the quality of the acrylic is tops, you can see the attention to detail in the edges and cuts, the two magnets are sealed well to prevent corrosion. Speaking of the magnets the ones embedded are rated for up to 1/2 glass, you can get stronger magnets if needed, All questions PNW will ask you during the process. For the larger box (where the mushroom magic happens) I was able to get a custom cut for the sides. You can see at the bottom there is a little extra room for substrate and rubble, I've been having an issues with babies floating away so I'm hoping a clear covered box to protect them. The small box is going to be used for my tricky little anemone who is an escape artist the lid is going to be a nice addition to manage it.

IMG_4257.JPG

IMG_4258.JPG

If you have any review questions about the boxes let me know! All in all happy with the quality and customer service of PNWCustom, I'll be going back for a bigger box and a more custom design in the futureimage.gif

If you haven't had a chance to check out PNW Custom I highly recommend it!

STORE | Pnwcustom

www.pnw-custom.com www.pnw-custom.com

• Like 3