WTB Dosing pump for Ca Rx

Willapa

10 hours ago, Willapa said:

I’m throwing in the towel on the Ecotech Versa, hasn’t worked very well for me. I assume that the next best option for a continuous duty pump is the Kamoer FX-STP?  Any thoughts on these or one for sale?

Trevor

Good to know, I was heavily considering this pump.  What issues did you have?

The issue I’m having is the replacement pump tubes only last a month or two. This makes it go out of calibration quickly. Replacement ones are $16-20 bucks and pretty hard to find right now. I bought a couple of extras and went to put the last one I had on last night and i cannot stop it from leaking where the outgoing tubing plugs in, so had to toss it. So right now running the reactor with a needle valve. Otherwise, the pump has worked very well. It’s  very quiet and the app is pretty slick. I’ve read online others having similar issues and may be from pulling through the reactor vs pushing? I’m only running it at 20 ml/min, so at a low speed. It would work great for intermittent dosing, but buy several extra tubes.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Blue Z Reef said:

What happened to your other 3D printed one? That seemed promising and was cheap IIRC

Good question!

A box of parts in my closet LOL.

It was showing great promise, then suddenly all these cheaper options showed up!  Versa did not exist, then showed up for 150.

So that about did me in.  But this is intriguing to start up again.

Here is the the thread. Just re-read it, feeling motivated to give it another go

• Like 1

Wow, pretty disappointing to hear Ecotech would specifically tout this for continuous duty and these are the results. I'm pretty happy with my Kamoer. I replace the tubing once a year or so just because I'm afraid not to. I have two rollers, and alternate them after soaking in ATF for lubrication. Otherwise they get noisy Not sure I recommend wifi, but not sure if they still have the old version. Some things are better kept simple like a dial for flow imo

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bicyclebill said:

Wow, pretty disappointing to hear Ecotech would specifically tout this for continuous duty and these are the results. I'm pretty happy with my Kamoer. I replace the tubing once a year or so just because I'm afraid not to. I have two rollers, and alternate them after soaking in ATF for lubrication. Otherwise they get noisy Not sure I recommend wifi, but not sure if they still have the old version. Some things are better kept simple like a dial for flow imo

Yea, I really don’t want WiFi either, but seems like the original one is not available any more or out of stock. The Versa seemed awesome at first, but maybe switching the feed direction will solve the issues. Good to hear you are liking your kamoer.