Help needed with TFT shutdown

Flashy Fins

Sad day, but the tank for Beach Elementary needs to be shut down. It’s been at @Katrina’s home for a while and is now leaking all over the floor. Returning it to the school isn’t preferable for several reasons, including the fact that @grassinow lives further away and cannot care for it the same as before. Relying on custodians to feed fish and monitor plumbing is generally a recipe for disaster. Fish have all died except for clownfish, and there is an ongoing aptasia problem. 

Who can help shut this down and clean up? Tagging relatively close-living board members/club officers. Katrina is in north Portland near the Adidas factory. 

@Higher Thinking @albertareef @Emerald525 @Gil&Fin @SuncrestReef @Gumby @CuttleFishandCoral

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes, so sorry I’m just now responding. I swear this thread was showing me no replies well after you guys apparently did. 😕 

@Katrinacan you give more info on when you’d be available for takedown? Also info on what is still alive in the tank that will need a new home. I remember she said clownfish and aptasia (everyone get in line for it, ha) were living, not sure what else. 

We do just want to remove everything and drain it, 2 people is probably plenty. I don’t have a place to store anything, though, so volunteers definitely welcome. 

Hi Everyone,

The 22 gallon tank has two clownfish and large and very happy plate coral, a lot of other soft coral whose name I don’t know, and an anemone that the clownfish like. 

The pump seems to leak out of the tubing. It is likely that just replacing the tubing might fix that problem. If I don’t watch it all the time, it drips. 

The tank when at school is amazing, and the kids really love it. It is just getting to be a real challenge to manage in my house. 

Help any time is welcome. Contacting me at my work email would be great. For some reason I am not getting alerts from the forum. 

Thank you,

Katrina

kdeboer@pps.net

6B31D2A0-A0CC-41BC-A3D0-58106DC50812.jpeg

8193B86F-C3B3-4DF0-8BC9-70D4F9E59D8D.jpeg

Edited by Katrina

10 hours ago, Katrina said:

Hi Everyone,

The 22 gallon tank has two clownfish and large and very happy plate coral, a lot of other soft coral whose name I don’t know, and an anemone that the clownfish like. 

The pump seems to leak out of the tubing. It is likely that just replacing the tubing might fix that problem. If I don’t watch it all the time, it drips. 

The tank when at school is amazing, and the kids really love it. It is just getting to be a real challenge to manage in my house. 

Help any time is welcome. Contacting me at my work email would be great. For some reason I am not getting alerts from the forum. 

Thank you,

Katrina

kdeboer@pps.net

6B31D2A0-A0CC-41BC-A3D0-58106DC50812.jpeg

8193B86F-C3B3-4DF0-8BC9-70D4F9E59D8D.jpeg

Can you show a picture of where the pump is leaking?

On 11/9/2020 at 5:28 PM, Gumby said:

Can you show a picture of where the pump is leaking?

Hi Everyone,

Help any time is welcome. 

Thank you,

Katriba

image.jpg

On 11/9/2020 at 5:28 PM, Gumby said:

Hi Everyone,

Help any time is welcome. 

Thank you,

Katriba

I gave Katrina a call last week and the best option seemed to be take the tank down and rehome the fish. The location she had a spot to have the tank was right next to their internet connection and was giving them issues.   I have the tank cleaned up and ready for next use

The 2 clowns are living it up in their new digs 

The tank could be stored here at my shop or an officer/BOD could get it if they wish 

20201117_080915.jpg

20201116_170029.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1