Back at it in Albany after a 5 year hiatus!

pnwreefer

I ended up abruptly leaving saltwater almost 6 years ago after being away for a few days and coming home to a half hypoxic tank from my main pump dying on me. I would have jumped back in but a divorce followed (in a good way). I jumped back in full throttle with a 150gal with a 30 gallon sump and am in the process of connecting a 50gal tall as a display refugium. As you can see in the  photos the refugium is super new it has extra filtration on it to get rid of sediments as I don't want to connect the overflow to my main system till I have macros and some life in it besides some live rock and they should be here on Thursday or so, that is why it's not full.  Plus I need to get a good light on it. My tank is pretty void of corals at the moment just a few but more to come. I've been investing in dosing pumps and other equipment that didn't come with the setup when I got it and now I'm poor and can't afford corals lol. (I know you all can relate)

IMG_20200929_194434362.thumb.jpg.2c6cce411120edcb6d769eb7af283fef.jpg

IMG_20200929_194445618.jpg

IMG_20200918_201112394.jpg

• Like 1

I always debate the flow rate but I do like things to get pounded a bit! These are the biggest fish I've ever kept in my reef tank as they came with the setup, I like them but a few will have to go in time as I like smaller rock dwelling fish more. Unfortunately they other half likes a few of them so I'll have to bend a bit! 

Nice looking setup, I look forward to it growing in. I hear ya, it’s tough when you blow the budget on equipment and have an “empty” feeling tank. My wife holds my equipment costs over my head LOL! End of the day though, the dosing equipment will pay dividends later.

Not sure how much experience you have with this group, but we have a great group of reefers on here, many of whom are very generous, especially with sharing corals. I would look to your locals for some deals on corals to get things filled in.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Blue Z I have some experience in here and met a few people back when I was on here before but I fell off the radar during all my life changes. People on here have always been amazing and I have always enjoy their knowledge and just seeing other people's systems! I'm going to try and be a bit more active on the forum as I've never been a social butterfly online but I dislike facebook so I'm going to try and be here rather then on that dumpster fire of a site! I like it here, it's calming lol

I generally went to areas around PDX and Vancouver to get things in the past as did I for this tank and inhabitants. I travel far for my garden plants and also my Aquarium.