Need help...

Flash21

Just my $0.02

Do you have a sump/nutrient export?

I was dealing with that till I got some macro going in my sump and started feeding more to get the macro going and taking up the nutrient that would otherwise grow algae in my DT.

Hard to tell though without full knowledge of your sys.. What are your other water parameters looking like?

40 minutes ago, obrien.david.j said:

I had dinos and just completed this course.   Read about treatment many places.  Did the Dark Tank for three days.  & the two bio bottles.  And Bingo.

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/80-gallon-dinoflagellate-treatment-bundle-dr-tim-s-bundle.html

I’ll look into that...Thanks 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bler said:

Just my $0.02

Do you have a sump/nutrient export?

I was dealing with that till I got some macro going in my sump and started feeding more to get the macro going and taking up the nutrient that would otherwise grow algae in my DT.

Hard to tell though without full knowledge of your sys.. What are your other water parameters looking like?

About 2 months ago I tossed away all my Marcos.  Maybe I need to get some back into the system.  I started feeding more nori and frozen as the nits are a tad low.  Took the skinner off as well.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Flash21 said:

About 2 months ago I tossed away all my Marcos.  Maybe I need to get some back into the system.  I started feeding more nori and frozen as the nits are a tad low.  Took the skinner off as well.  

Yeah I personally would try to get some macro going in there to take up whatever nutrient that the DT algae is growing with, throw that skimmer back on and do whatever manual removal you can. Though I'm no expert just my personal experience.

I was siphoning the algae through a sock filler into the sump daily for a while till it eventually reached a balance .. though mine was centralized on rock so it was a bit easier to siphon.

4 minutes ago, bler said:

Yeah I personally would try to get some macro going in there to take up whatever nutrient that the DT algae is growing with, throw that skimmer back on and do whatever manual removal you can. Though I'm no expert just my personal experience.

I was siphoning the algae through a sock filler into the sump daily for a while till it eventually reached a balance .. though mine was centralized on rock so it was a bit easier to siphon.

This was my attempt when it first started.  It’s been back on...I’ll try and find some more macro.

Thanks everyone for there input.  

Hmm... your corals look pretty happy.

Basically, if your corals are doing great, don't do anything too drastic.  Just take it slow and easy, test Phosphate and Nitrate to be sure you are happy with your levels.

Share what works, we all fight this stuff now and then.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

I don't think you should be overly concerned.  Someone mentioned increasing flow in that area?   Have you also tried just cleaning the substrate as part of your water change?    I do agree with the macroalgae add, our turbo snails decimated what was in our fuge a few weeks or so after we had spike in nitrates and P04.     

Tonight will be my second dose...I’m going to keep a close eye on this dose!

Dosed Monday 1hour before lights going out.  Took out carbon...Turned off UV...Etc. Tank looks about the same. 

last night tank looked fine. All fish swimming and loving life I think.  Eating fine.

This AM my kick [language filter] Tahitian butterfly gone and dead! Now that pisses me off.  He never nipped at my corals and all my aiptasia gone! Now after this treatment I’ll need another one...after this dose if something else happens I’ll do a 50 gallon WC.