Jump to content

Apex Fusion is Down


Recommended Posts

That’s funny, I literally just refreshed mine before coming to the site. 
 

with the crazy wind around here I used to yesterday to make sure my power was still on lol! I’m assuming if the power was out it would have some error, right? Never had an Apex through a storm yet 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Its darn impressive their uptime.  First time I have ever had this happen!  Was saving a virtual outlet and got an HTML screen of death!

Is it crazy down there?  Pretty calm still up here.. But the color of the sunlight is different with all the smoke..

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

If you have apex heartbeat setup then apex will ping your cell phone to tell you that the power is out.. 

Yeah, that is a great feature, and good to remind people about, thanks.  Especially with this wind going on.  I totally missed that @Blue Z Reef was asking about that 🤣

I used to use reeftronics for that back in the day before APEX finally added this functionality.  Did you ever check them out?  They had a bunch of great apex utilities, the guy was doing it for free.  Was awesome stuff...

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheClark said:

Its darn impressive their uptime.  First time I have ever had this happen!  Was saving a virtual outlet and got an HTML screen of death!

Is it crazy down there?  Pretty calm still up here.. But the color of the sunlight is different with all the smoke..

Yeah the winds have been nuts, I have 2 coworkers that can’t work from home today because they lost power. Lots of tree limbs everywhere lol

 

thanks for the heartbeat tip, enabled it now!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

If you have apex heartbeat setup then apex will ping your cell phone to tell you that the power is out.. 

Keep in mind the Heartbeat alarms are not instantaneous.  It will send the first alarm after the Apex has been unreachable for 30-40 minutes.  As the outage continues, the heartbeat alarms will decrease in frequency, so it can go for hours before the next alarm is sent.

This is why I have my Apex and my Internet router connected to small UPS batteries to keep them online for a period of time after a power outage, and the Apex itself sends me an alert immediately that the power is off.  I outlined this in my Apex Power Monitoring tutorial:  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SuncrestReef said:

Keep in mind the Heartbeat alarms are not instantaneous.  It will send the first alarm after the Apex has been unreachable for 30-40 minutes.  As the outage continues, the heartbeat alarms will decrease in frequency, so it can go for hours before the next alarm is sent.

This is why I have my Apex and my Internet router connected to small UPS batteries to keep them online for a period of time after a power outage, and the Apex itself sends me an alert that the power is off.  I outlined this in my Apex Power Monitoring tutorial:  

 

That's a good reminder, they are slow for sure to send.

I do the UPS too, it works great.  For me my modem, router, switch and apex are far apart, so it requires two UPSs.  One near my apex, one near the internet feed.

Another cool thing you can do is hookup a 29 dollar wyze cam to the same power source as the APEX.  If you cannot reach it, internet or power is down, or both.  So many creative options these days.  For bonus points, put it near your sump.  I point one at my calcium reactor effluent just because the FMM is a little unreliable at CR flow speeds so it is nice to have eyes on it when on vacation.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Four words....

Propane fired standby generator.

Power went out last night... I was still running my halides.  :) 

champion.jpg

:drool: Freaking awesome!  I gotta go fill with fuel, turn off all the breakers, switch the lockout, run the generator cord, start the generator, warm it up, and selectively turn on breakers to get going again.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are cheaper than you think.  My little honda 1,200? watt generator (which is great) was $1k.    I got that standby generator for $1,800 and it is 8,500 watts.  It turns on and off automatically by itself and even turns on once a week automatically to "exercise" itself for 5 minutes.   I calculated I can run it for like 15 days with my 200 gallon propane tank.  

It runs everything in my aquarium, the circuit that the TV is on, and my refrigerators. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

They are cheaper than you think.  My little honda 1,200? watt generator (which is great) was $1k.    I got that standby generator for $1,800 and it is 8,500 watts.  It turns on and off automatically by itself and even turns on once a week automatically to "exercise" itself for 5 minutes.   I calculated I can run it for like 15 days with my 200 gallon propane tank.  

It runs everything in my aquarium, the circuit that the TV is on, and my refrigerators. 

Sold!  It officially made the enormous to-do list.  Some day I am gonna make this happen, like the reef room.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Keep in mind the Heartbeat alarms are not instantaneous.  It will send the first alarm after the Apex has been unreachable for 30-40 minutes.  As the outage continues, the heartbeat alarms will decrease in frequency, so it can go for hours before the next alarm is sent.

This is why I have my Apex and my Internet router connected to small UPS batteries to keep them online for a period of time after a power outage, and the Apex itself sends me an alert immediately that the power is off.  I outlined this in my Apex Power Monitoring tutorial:  

 

I am ok with the 30-40 minute delay mainly because I have Comcast...self explanatory lol! It will drop connection randomly at least once a day but gets going again within a minute or so. I definitely plan do get a UPS setup, I’ve seen videos of people simply adding a deep cycle battery to one and they last super long.

 

12 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

They are cheaper than you think.  My little honda 1,200? watt generator (which is great) was $1k.    I got that standby generator for $1,800 and it is 8,500 watts.  It turns on and off automatically by itself and even turns on once a week automatically to "exercise" itself for 5 minutes.   I calculated I can run it for like 15 days with my 200 gallon propane tank.  

It runs everything in my aquarium, the circuit that the TV is on, and my refrigerators. 

That is cheaper than I thought! I swear every time I ogled at them in the past the starting prices were like $4k and up. Was hoping battery tech would take a leap forward so the “power wall” style backups were more reasonable and more storage dense. I’m sure we will see some leaps in battery tech pretty soon though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, I think the reason Fusion was down briefly is because Neptune just updated the Fusion back end software.  It now supports Dark Mode.

Reload your web browser page, or close and re-open your Fusion app.  You can verify you're running the latest version by clicking the Release Note under your username menu.

See: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?29953-APEX-Fusion-Update-September-8-2020

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been losing connection like crazy. It's not an issue with Fusion, it's my dumb internet. Wifi just keeps dropping down there. I'm going to run a cable from my modem straight to the socket and put an end to that nonsense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...