New 150g setup

Bicyclebill

Well I got my new system up and running this weekend. Good lord that’s a lot of work. It’s been 10 years that I’ve have that 90 running. First few pics are the tank fro SC Aquarium. Beautiful tank with zero flaws. Crazy good pricing. 60 x 24 x525722c94f04a649ea76155003721f70.jpg4b6c0cab8caa160bc802f8d1b44079f8.jpg24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Here’s the stand my brother and I built. Birch plywood, and pretty hell for stout. I was getting all stressed out seeing the 2x4 stand concepts all over the other forums, but as an engineer I could see how insanely overbuilt they are. I’m very confident in this design. 67741b12206bb9085a0d2ecea30c17fe.jpg0aef2102e0a0bf463e7e83a329072e1c.jpg3699929cc3f38f271f70638fe860b306.jpg

• Like 1

New stand is 36” tall, vs the 31” of my 90g. It’s incredible how different that is! I now need a small stool to put my arms in the tank. The 6” deeper front to back is so awesome! I so wish I would have just gone 120g 10 years ago. But the extra 12” width makes this feel like a monster of a tank in my living room! f0310a779ec9e39e14df332faffd267f.jpga6c7dbca0d657a307f89cd56b7740218.jpg100d9a6a8ffbcfc5f4975289466e8e92.jpgf61a3e78b0d09ff24503f26ee3515cba.jpg

• Like 9

Went minimalist rock work compared to last system, with open back wall. Holy cow, I just dug out the old sand from that tank tonight. It was 6”+ in some areas and layered with black nastiness. No wonder I couldn’t conquer that green turf algae problem.

• Like 1

Your tank looks awesome. I’m looking at upgrading to the same tank. What overflow did you go with?

Synergy reef V2 Shadow. Highly recommend. I’ve got it dialed in to absolute zero noise. Highly recommend SC aquarium too. You can come check it out if you like before pulling the trigger

Beautiful tank! Curious what you're planning on doing with your 90? Is it already sold?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

The 90 is in the garage stinking up the place! I suppose I need to get it up for sale here soon

Hello, beautiful tank. I really like the minimalist rock scape. I am new to the forum and I was wondering if I could ask you about your overflow.  I ordered a new tank a few months ago and had it drilled for the synergy shadow like your tank. During the time I've been waiting for it I have seen both really positive reviews and some really bad ones too and now I am a little worried I made a bad choice.  Did you find it difficult to tune to make it silent?   Also if its not too difficult is there any way you know what the return line spacing is on the overflow, The only info Ive been able to get is on the drilling template.  I am running my return lines downstairs and I wanted to get as much done before the tank and overflow show up.

• 5 months later...