Pvc air tube?

Punch line, don't Use.   "NOTE: Not intended for use with potable water"

googled:  ez flo pvc air hose

Lowes offering looked about the same: https://www.lowes.com/pd/EASTMAN-3-8-in-Inner-Diameter-x-10-ft-PVC-Reinforced-Air-Hose/1000180611

• its tricky, it does say; "Designed for high-pressure applications involving air and water"
  • but, doesn't say anything about potable or food safeness

Tried CA Prop 65 - which says it can cause cancer... Which seems like most things these days.

Tried Installation Guide has the warning in it:  http://pdf.lowes.com/installationguides/091712013402_install.pdf

• "NOTE: Not intended for use with potable water"

BTW, I started by googling food safe pvc air hose.  And every hose that came up looked some kind of transparent or white.

I used the flexible PVC tubing you find at hardware stores. The stuff I found was black, and very thick. It works with PVC glue quite well.

I will say - that if I had to do it over again I'd probably just run more elbows and keep it all organized with the standard PVC. The flexible stuff was hard to work with and I feel like there's always a bit of tension in the lines because it fights to bend itself back. Does that make sense?

BRS did a video testing the pressure/flow loss of elbows and it was minimal. Plus, it looks way more organized and you can keep things out of the way. 

• Like 1

Well, I’m trying to build some custom plumbing for my tiny tank projects. I need something that will fit inside of 3/4” pvc. 

I want to be able to run a full siphon drain, and a backup drain, through one bulkhead. Flexible seems easier than cutting and piecing hard pvc back together. 

544808F5-5E61-4DB3-808A-40B906BDD720.jpeg