WTB:dos or dos+ddr

503reefland

The DDR is notorious for having failed optical sensors and/or liquid damage to its circuit board which is just below the top of the unit.  Mine had to be repaired by Neptune 3 times in one year for failed sensors.  It is the only Neptune product I cannot recommend.

You can save money and headaches by using any generic dosing reservoirs and adding the DIY optical sensors available on EBay that trick the DOS into thinking you have a DDR connected:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEPTUNE-APEX-DOS-DDR-DIY-8-CABLE-2-OPTICAL-LEVEL-SENSORS-USE-YOUR-RESERVOIR/254602775253?hash=item3b47820ad5:g:DW0AAOSw9V1ae1f2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2020 at 6:37 AM, SuncrestReef said:

The DDR is notorious for having failed optical sensors and/or liquid damage to its circuit board which is just below the top of the unit.  Mine had to be repaired by Neptune 3 times in one year for failed sensors.  It is the only Neptune product I cannot recommend.

You can save money and headaches by using any generic dosing reservoirs and adding the DIY optical sensors available on EBay that trick the DOS into thinking you have a DDR connected:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEPTUNE-APEX-DOS-DDR-DIY-8-CABLE-2-OPTICAL-LEVEL-SENSORS-USE-YOUR-RESERVOIR/254602775253?hash=item3b47820ad5:g:DW0AAOSw9V1ae1f2

Thanks I am willing to buy somthing that needs a new sensor for the right price 🙃