Water supply

Bicyclebill

Well I just learned something new today. Many years back, I confirmed with Tigard water officials that the water supply sourced from Portland used chloramines for treatment. I got my most recent Tigard water pamphlet thingy yesterday and it only mentioned chlorine. So I emailed, and got confirmation back that Tigard no longer sources from Portland and instead partnered with Lake Oswego and no longer uses chloramines. The difference means my RO carbon pre filters should last significantly longer since I'm set up for chloramine removal, and that uses up carbon significantly faster than chlorine.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, markvo said:

Thanks Bill. It's good to know we no longer have chloramines in our source water. I won't buy any more expensive chloramine filters.

Im not so sure I would stop using the chloramine filters, whats the chance they switch water sources if there is a problem  (as Portland has in the past) and you wont know until its to late.

Portland has some of the brightest and wisest decision makers/leaders  :puke:

Edited by reefnjunkie
  • Like 2