Monkey been busy

pdxmonkeyboy

52 minutes ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Devastated.  I thought my acans would make it.. they smell like rotting garbage, they are toast.

You have my sympathies.   I made "Reef Tank Soup" once myself.   Refilled the Kalk reactor with enough media to last about a month, around 11:30pm at night.  Put the out pipe on the In, the In pipe on the Out... Woke up to the tank at pH in the 10+ range.   Killed all livestock, except a Pajama Cardinal.   And the darn thing is still with me.  

Oh, did I mention that I'd spent the weekend before breaking down the tank and moving all the livestock into an equal size setup in the garage - so I could upgrade the tank.   Took me an entire weekend and half a bottle of Advil - only to be all killed.   Lesson, when it's time to swap tanks, might be easier to just throw everything away  and start over.   I could never do it by choice, but that's what happened.

Is this the time to add a 2nd stage temp controller, with a gross setting, so the tank can never get ~5 degrees over set point?

He is a single shingle guy, I talked to him about it and he was legitimately devastated.   It happens I suppose.  This is really just a result of too many irons in the fire.  The QT tanks have been a little neglected as I have spent every spare minute working on getting the DT up and running.  

I did get all the new circuits run (Four).  Mounted all my apex energy bars and started to solder up the USB cords to connect everything.  It is nice having all the plumbing done that is for sure.  Once I get all the apex connected I can get my ATO programmed and up and running and put my fish in there.  Hopefully this weekend.  

I still have to reconfigure my closed loop outlets and move some rock work around.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SuncrestReef said:

Do you think the high temps killed your bacteria so you'll need to cycle the tank again?

If it didn't kill bacteria, it should have cooked encrusting inverts on the rock.  How mature was your live rock, encrusting sponges/etc?  

I assume, you've already completed the 100% water change.

2 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

He is a single shingle guy, I talked to him about it and he was legitimately devastated.   It happens I suppose.  This is really just a result of too many irons in the fire.  The QT tanks have been a little neglected as I have spent every spare minute working on getting the DT up and running.  

I did get all the new circuits run (Four).  Mounted all my apex energy bars and started to solder up the USB cords to connect everything.  It is nice having all the plumbing done that is for sure.  Once I get all the apex connected I can get my ATO programmed and up and running and put my fish in there.  Hopefully this weekend.  

I still have to reconfigure my closed loop outlets and move some rock work around.  

Glad you are making the best of it.  Such a devastating event I'm sure it's hard to keep motivated.  Still looking forward to see all the behind the scenes pics of this install when you get it sorted.  Good luck man!