Monkey been busy

pdxmonkeyboy

While I was in "time out" from PNWMAS, I made some serious headway on my 600.  The tank is actually all the way full now and flowing with warm water, but here is what it looked like last weekend. 

You know you have a big tank when you dump an entire 60lb bag of salt in the system and it raises the salinity .05. 

So yeah..

Resized_20200607_190835.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

While I was in "time out" from PNWMAS, I made some serious headway on my 600.  The tank is actually all the way full now and flowing with warm water, but here is what it looked like last weekend. 

You know you have a big tank when you dump an entire 60lb bag of salt in the system and it raises the salinity .05. 

So yeah..

Resized_20200607_190835.jpeg

Is that top row of boards directly above the tank removable to allow access into the tank?  The one on the top left looks like it's sticking out just a bit.

8 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

Is that top row of boards directly above the tank removable to allow access into the tank?  The one on the top left looks like it's sticking out just a bit.

That row is sticking out, it acts as a vallance for the tank so you dont see the water line. There is a 2 foot tall, 8 foot long "door" above the tank to allow access. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

That row is sticking out, it acts as a vallance for the tank so you dont see the water line. There is a 2 foot tall, 8 foot long "door" above the tank to allow access. 

Well it looks like its off since I can see a water line.................. :D good to see you got the over flow figured out.............whats the saying measure once cut twice............. :unsure:

Need some fish room pics..............or maybe I just need to stop by and bother you.................

• Like 1

Since you have that fish room back there, your wife may never see you! I guess she can peak through an arch or something and get you to come out for a while. I assume you blacked out the sides and back? Looks really rad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Since you have that fish room back there, your wife may never see you! I guess she can peak through an arch or something and get you to come out for a while. I assume you blacked out the sides and back? Looks really rad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was curious about that as well, if the sides and back was going to be painted or not

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Unbeknownst to me, the contractor I hired to install a new panel apparently knocked my heater off the shelf adjacent to the panels location. OK, no big deal..but the temperature sensor got knocked out of the tank.  Came home wens night and the tank was GREY.  [language filter]?  The water was about 120.  It was literally hot tub temperature. 

I lost EVERYTHING.  Acros, montis, torches, euphelia, and my top shelve acans.  EVERYTHING.

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, pdxmonkeyboy said:

Unbeknownst to me, the contractor I hired to install a new panel apparently knocked my heater off the shelf adjacent to the panels location. OK, no big deal..but the temperature sensor got knocked out of the tank.  Came home wens night and the tank was GREY.  [language filter]?  The water was about 120.  It was literally hot tub temperature. 

I lost EVERYTHING.  Acros, montis, torches, euphelia, and my top shelve acans.  EVERYTHING.

Oh man - sorry to hear that Brian.  Ugh.