micro scrubbing

2KS2K

Is anyone micro scrubbing there tank? i started to scrub the tank for 8 hours after the lights went out during the night.. the first week i had to change my filter socks daily.  My skimmer was pulling the black yuck instead of "tea" colored. You could also see my sps shedding its slime coat in the water. I started off with 8 hours a night for the first two weeks and now have changed to 4 hours a night. My ph has been alot more stable at night than it was. Coral that stalled growing has taken off again.. i will say i dont think that my Zoas like it very much but i think its more due to the nutrients than the bubbles them self.. Has anyone else tried this? 

Edited by 2KS2K

Yes! Sorry should of put how I set it up! I got a 2inch wood stone and zip tied it to my return pump cage. I got a valve to adjust the amount of air so the return pump doesn’t just suck air. Just enough to keep the pump quiet! I got all the stuff on amazon for under $25 including a new air pump! 

You know I was expecting it to be a lot worse than it is.. I’ve ran it a little over a month and have only wiped down my light defuser once witch is my standard cleaning.. my lid mesh will form creep but again not as bad as I expected. Salinity hasn’t moved.. returns are just a hair below water line. With the valve I can almost get it to where the return pump is sucking most of the bubbles so the creep in the sump isn’t noticeable