Where is my post

reefnjunkie

I made a post to the grow out comp and I figured it would populate the main page which it doesn’t, you have to search for it or find it under the sponsors section.

Is this a tech issue or what might be the issue.

I need attention 😳

Thanks in advance for any help/answers

I don’t think it’s just vendors. I’ve noticed whenever I’ve updated my build or classifieds beyond the first few posts it doesn’t go to the top on the home page. Makes it hard for people to see anyone’s updates on their builds or older posts

2 hours ago, SuncrestReef said:

The post is under the CNC subforum.  I believe there was a change in the forum a while back after a previous software update that prevented vendor forums from showing up as most recent posts.  Here's a link to your post:  

So if the software update would have kept vendors post from showing on the front page wouldn’t that have kept Golden Basket and Paradise Corals posts from showing on the front page as new posts

Am I missing something 

FAB9C5CC-14DA-47C1-8216-EE7BF0C249AC.png

Edited by reefnjunkie

1 minute ago, reefnjunkie said:

So if the software update would have kept vendors post from showing on the front page wouldn’t that have kept Golden Basket and Paradise Corals posts from showing on the front page as new posts

I must be missing something 

FAB9C5CC-14DA-47C1-8216-EE7BF0C249AC.png

Sorry, I'm not an expert on our forum software.  I just vaguely remember an issue over a year ago when something changed and vendor posts fell off the top feed.

I moved the CNC growout thread to the official Grow Outs forum because it seems more appropriate there.  If others object, we can move it back.

Probably chasing my tail on this one-

I appreciate your posts and help John, I’m at fault for not wording my initial post better/correct, I’ve never questioned literally “where is my post”

it should have read “why isn’t my post I made under the grow out comp not populating the first page of new posts”

Does anybody know who can look into that? With it being a new post, it should hit the main page.regardless of where it’s posted.

Point in fact, the other two sponsors I mentioned are having their posts hit the front page, what makes this any different, and and really it’s not that it’s a sponsors page, the new posts from that GOC aren’t populating the front page of new posts and it should- unless there’s a reason for it 

FWIW I’m not singling out Paradise or Golden, theirs just happen to be the two I saw- If it’s happening under Cuttlefish there is a good chance this is happening under other sponsors sections

Somethings broken IMO 

13 minutes ago, reefnjunkie said:

Probably chasing my tail on this one-

I appreciate your posts and help John, I’m at fault for not wording my initial post better/correct, I’ve never questioned literally “where is my post”

it should have read “why isn’t my post I made under the grow out comp not populating the first page of new posts”

Does anybody know who can look into that? With it being a new post, it should hit the main page.regardless of where it’s posted.

Point in fact, the other two sponsors I mentioned are having their posts hit the front page, what makes this any different, and and really it’s not that it’s a sponsors page, the new posts from that GOC aren’t populating the front page of new posts and it should- unless there’s a reason for it 

FWIW I’m not singling out Paradise or Golden, theirs just happen to be the two I saw- If it’s happening under Cuttlefish there is a good chance this is happening under other sponsors sections

Somethings broken IMO 

I don’t have much IT knowledge but there was a change made a few years ago so that when sponsors posted up auctions the entire site was not bombarded with ads and auctions at the expense of missing posts from members. The downside to changing the settings would shown mean whenever there is an auction or live sale the entire forum is filled with those posts. I don’t know if there is a better work around but we are fortunate to have a good team of IT skilled people. This was the only solution as the new format was so new perhaps there are better options. I hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

I don’t have much IT knowledge but there was a change made a few years ago so that when sponsors posted up auctions the entire site was not bombarded with ads and auctions at the expense of missing posts from members. The downside to changing the settings would shown mean whenever there is an auction or live sale the entire forum is filled with those posts. I don’t know if there is a better work around but we are fortunate to have a good team of IT skilled people. This was the only solution as the new format was so new perhaps there are better options. I hope that helps.

I appreciate the explanation- It doesn’t explain how the other 2 sponsors post popular the new post or “unread topics” section but I can table that concern (although it is relevant)

The Grow our thread isn’t a sponsor section so I’d hope to find new posts to that populate the new posts or unread content/front page (In unclear as to the “exact” name, it’s just what loads when I hit our icon)

@Emerald525 do you know who may have the ability to fix that, I would agree on the fact we don’t want to be spammed with content that is sponsor related, they have a section for that.

OMG this is a grow out comp, I can’t think of anything more important than keeping up to date and current on all and any posts that happen there- it’s an acro grow out to boot- all praise the mighty acro :icon_bow:

Oh the mercy 

I don’t think it’s just vendors. I’ve noticed whenever I’ve updated my build or classifieds beyond the first few posts it doesn’t go to the top on the home page. Makes it hard for people to see anyone’s updates on their builds or older posts
Is this why no one responds to my build updates? I just assumed everyone hated it. Regardless, jury is probably still out on that one.
@reefnjunkie, this is pretty strange. Not sure exactly what to think. It appears your posts to this thread are updating. The biggest difference from the other posts are that they are new threads overall. In your case, did you post to a thread that was already created earlier? It might be that only the "create" date is being used to sort and post threads to the front page. This of course would be a problem.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I appreciate the explanation- It doesn’t explain how the other 2 sponsors post popular the new post or “unread topics” section but I can table that concern (although it is relevant) The Grow our thread isn’t a sponsor section so I’d hope to find new posts to that populate the new posts or unread content/front page (In unclear as to the “exact” name, it’s just what loads when I hit our icon)

@Emerald525 do you know who may have the ability to fix that, I would agree on the fact we don’t want to be spammed with content that is sponsor related, they have a section for that.

OMG this is a grow out comp, I can’t think of anything more important than keeping up to date and current on all and any posts that happen there- it’s an acro grow out to boot- all praise the mighty acro default_icon_bow.gif

Oh the mercy 

It might also be that you have it set to view "Unread Content." In that case, you wouldn't see you post because you've viewed the latest post. It appears when I sort by unread content that I can see the grow out thread, both on the website and Tapatalk. 05fc7e3181a54c4e1c2941e3a38d7ec3.jpg

2868d227e10c882c902283b4dc18c50e.jpg

29 minutes ago, reefnjunkie said:

I appreciate the explanation- It doesn’t explain how the other 2 sponsors post popular the new post or “unread topics” section but I can table that concern (although it is relevant)

The Grow our thread isn’t a sponsor section so I’d hope to find new posts to that populate the new posts or unread content/front page (In unclear as to the “exact” name, it’s just what loads when I hit our icon)

OMG this is a grow out comp, I can’t think of anything more important than keeping up to date and current on all and any posts that happen there- it’s an acro grow out to boot- all praise the mighty acro :icon_bow:

Oh the mercy 

I would think @TheClark @Chief and @SuncrestReef could help. Also like Andrew said my filter is on unread content. I wonder if I’m the many upgrades there was some sort of glitch.  

12 minutes ago, Higher Thinking said:

Is this why no one responds to my build updates? I just assumed everyone hated it. Regardless, jury is probably still out on that one.
@reefnjunkie, this is pretty strange. Not sure exactly what to think. It appears your posts to this thread are updating. The biggest difference from the other posts are that they are new threads overall. In your case, did you post to a thread that was already created earlier? It might be that only the "create" date is being used to sort and post threads to the front page. This of course would be a problem.

FWIW I like your build thread

Time to throw in the towel on this but before I go, I would say @Gil&Fin who did an update  last night I never saw when I clicked on unread content, I had to go the thread and to find and see her post. Thats probably not so bad since her poor little frag is dying a slow death 💥

Take that Gilly

Im over it- :drinking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve been doing some testing.  It’s not the forum.  I can post a new topic and subsequent posts and they show up on the list.   When I post on your grow out topic I get nothing.  I’ve tried a few others and again nothing.  It might be the plugin we are using for recent posts.  Maybe Jeremy has some insights.  @TheClark  @reefnjunkie

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Chief said:

I’ve been doing some testing.  It’s not the forum.  I can post a new topic and subsequent posts and they show up on the list.   When I post on your grow out topic I get nothing.  I’ve tried a few others and again nothing.  It might be the plugin we are using for recent posts.  Maybe Jeremy has some insights.  @TheClark  @reefnjunkie

Thanks for the heads up all, will check it out!  

2 hours ago, reefnjunkie said:
Thanks again to all who helped get this resolved. free frags to you all (PM @Gil&Fin

default_cheer.gif ) she’s great about doing such wonderful things like that :agree:just tell her Brad said to message her peace.gif

Thank you again!!!!

PM sent to @Gil&Fin! [emoji38][emoji38] 

• Like 1