Is this a Deadpool mushroom?

40 minutes ago, zorroreef said:

They call Deadpool because there are red and black and candy crush if different colors, they look like same type of mushrooms. 

15889001375891592314078278373770.jpg

Yea definitely I’ve seen like purple/black coloration on them most of the time this one doesn’t have any of that but if it’s still a Deadpool maybe it can still develop at some point? It’s just pretty big so not to sure on how much more I see it changing or getting the other colors but who knows I guess. I was a little confused on the end though you’re saying it does look like a Deadpool though to you still? Seen them with the white specs? 

Edited by Lazyreefer

I mention this because I got it in a trade and was told it was bought from a local store as a Deadpool, then after the trade was already made was told that it was bought wysiwyg and they “assumed it was one from years in the industry” even though it has none of the features of one besides its red but I thought I was trusting this reputable shops judgement not his 🤔does it seem legit to do that? Not a crazy amount of money so not overly concerned but I’m wondering if this is just how reefers with “years in the industry” do business and it’s normal as I am fairly new to trading corals online.

Edited by Lazyreefer

I feel you on this one, it reminds me of a time a couple years ago when I traded a regular ORANGE ricordia to a guy that used to be a member (I haven't seen him on here for a couple years) and a few months later he advertised some RED Ricordia mushrooms with pictures, we set up a time to meet and I took it home and realized that it was the same ORANGE Ricordia I had traded to him a couple months back [emoji23] that part I didn't care about, we all get corals and change our minds, what bothered me was that he tried passing it off as something it clearly wasn't, I believe he must have gotten a picture off the internet or something of a Red one and thought maybe he could get something worth more for it? After putting in my tank it was clearly identical to the ones I already had, just regular ORANGE ones [emoji848] when I tried messaging to see if maybe he gave me the wrong one he completely ignored me lol. It really wasn't a huge deal, but it still irritated me that he wasn't up front about what it really was. I think he had an oh s**t moment when he saw me and realized I was the person he originally got it from, I remember saying "hey didn't I trade to you a couple months back?" I didn't even notice it wasn't red until I got it in my tank lol. I really do think he just got a picture of a Red one off the internet and hoped he could get away with getting something worth a little more for it. Anyway yeah people can be less than honest with what they have

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/10/2020 at 4:11 AM, TaylorW said:

I feel you on this one, it reminds me of a time a couple years ago when I traded a regular ORANGE ricordia to a guy that used to be a member (I haven't seen him on here for a couple years) and a few months later he advertised some RED Ricordia mushrooms with pictures, we set up a time to meet and I took it home and realized that it was the same ORANGE Ricordia I had traded to him a couple months back emoji23.png that part I didn't care about, we all get corals and change our minds, what bothered me was that he tried passing it off as something it clearly wasn't, I believe he must have gotten a picture off the internet or something of a Red one and thought maybe he could get something worth more for it? After putting in my tank it was clearly identical to the ones I already had, just regular ORANGE ones emoji848.png when I tried messaging to see if maybe he gave me the wrong one he completely ignored me lol. It really wasn't a huge deal, but it still irritated me that he wasn't up front about what it really was. I think he had an oh s**t moment when he saw me and realized I was the person he originally got it from, I remember saying "hey didn't I trade to you a couple months back?" I didn't even notice it wasn't red until I got it in my tank lol. I really do think he just got a picture of a Red one off the internet and hoped he could get away with getting something worth a little more for it. Anyway yeah people can be less than honest with what they have

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Now that is definitely worse then my situation haha that sucks I am sorry about that one! Guess I just will not do business with this person anymore and hopefully they understand now that’s not how we should do things here on the forums. 

On 5/9/2020 at 4:01 PM, CuttleFishandCoral said:

Unfortunately this is a ugly part of the hobby. I know one member who does this quite a bit. Just better to never deal with the person and move along. It will come around eventually. Karmas a...

Agreed!!