Local store in Portland with tropic Marin?

Lazyreefer

87 doesn't seem crazy for the pro mix @200g, I think that's what it was at BRS six months so, or nearly so.

I'd love to find a dealer nearby, though! I was looking for the TM floating hydrometer a while back and couldn't find it anywhere. Eventually BRS started carrying it, but I was surprised no one around had it

Edit: I'm in North Seattle and don't even know of options up here

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Burningbaal said:

87 doesn't seem crazy for the pro mix @200g, I think that's what it was at BRS six months so, or nearly so.

I'd love to find a dealer nearby, though! I was looking for the TM floating hydrometer a while back and couldn't find it anywhere. Eventually BRS started carrying it, but I was surprised no one around had it

Edit: I'm in North Seattle and don't even know of options up here

Lookin for the classic👍🏻 I looked when I last ordered it and it was 78$ last January so it has changed unfortunately. Yea a local source for the classic salt would be nice for sure. 

• Like 1

Just saying but Instant Ocean Reef Salt is probably the best salt out there. It is the number one used among hobbyist, science research facilities, and city aquariums and is also the best bang for your buck. 

I think all the fancy expensive salt is just name and they say it;s purer etc. 

Instant Ocean is known for their constancy and is nitrate and phosphate free. 

I'm sure people will argue the latter of it, but at the end of the day salt is salt. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Matteo said:

Just saying but Instant Ocean Reef Salt is probably the best salt out there. It is the number one used among hobbyist, science research facilities, and city aquariums and is also the best bang for your buck. 

I'm sure people will argue the latter of it, but at the end of the day salt is salt. 

Been down that path before, there is a significant difference in the quality from tropic Marin to instant ocean that is well documented. Also mixes faster, leaves less residue, also allows for less need for trace elements added etc. 

• Like 1

Can you have a nice tank with IO? Of course

Is there a lot of marketing that makes differences between salts sound more interesting than it really is? Of course

Are there certain choices with decisive advantages above IO? Yup

• Like 3