💥Official CNC Superman grow out!💥

Rules: 

1. Pick up your frag!

2. Post a picture of your frag on a plug next to a ruler ( it can be removed from our plug and placed on your plug of choice but must remain on a plug).

3. The first picture must be posted by May 1st. Members that do not post their picture by May 1st will be dropped from the competition.

4. Updates of your frag are due the first week of the month (again, members that fail to update within that timeline will be dropped).

5. Competition ends in November. That means your final picture must be submitted no later than November 7th! Winner will be chosen based on growth and color by the man himself (Jeff)!

6. Along with your first picture tell us about your system. Are you dosing? Are you running a calcium reactor? 2 part? Maintenance schedule. What lighting are you running? Etc..

7. Last but not least HAVE FUN!!!

Prize: 🎁

The good part! A high end sps CNC style frag pack that is sure to please any sps lover.

CNC 😎

Edited by Jorge
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Picked up my frag today and is In tank!  DT is 150 gallon, 50 gallon sump, powered by vectra  return pump, 4 QD MP 40’s, skimmer is a Nyos 220, 2 titaniu heaters, Tunze ATO, Lighting is Aquaticlife t5 hybrid with 4 blue+ bulbs and 3 ecotech Radion G4 xr30 pros. The system is controlled by newest Apex.  I do water changes every two weeks (25 gallons) clean filter socks twice a week and feed very heavy. 4-5 times a day. Over 20 fish and 30+ acro colonies And another 30 ish frags. 2-3 times a week I feed RedSea Reef Energy and Phyto. I keep my parameters in ck with a GHL doser and dose ALK, CA, MAG  AND NITRATE. My current po4 level is about .06.

my frag comes in at about 3/4”

E111E911-DCDA-495F-99CF-D41215B7A96E.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jorge said:

2. Post a picture of your frag on a plug next to a ruler ( it can be removed from our plug and placed on your plug of choice but must remain on a plug).

Does it have to look like a frag plug or is something like this ok?

EBEF1CAF-D3DD-44CC-878B-516BC0954CDF.jpeg

DT is 40in planet aquarium 47g with a trigger 26 sump, a dcp10000  return pump, 1mp10 1mp40 skimmer is a POS RO essence130, Tunze ATO, lighting with 2 XR15 pros with defusers and coming soon a 36” aquatic life hybrid! Water changes are anywhere from 10 to 15 gallons a week( depends if I let it go longer than 7 days Or forget to buy salt lol). tank is grow out/watch tank! Have 2 clowns and spotted mandarin and a handful of cuc. Feed a mixture of frozen throughout day and add benepets and or Red Sea A and B 2/3 a week. I manually dose 15ml of alk and cal a day but have to constantly watch as i am adding or removing items.. mostly zoa frags and a few sticks! 

Good luck!

0B320384-85D6-48B2-BC67-ACE68DE92608.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/24/2020 at 1:29 PM, reefnjunkie said:

Did all the spots fill?

Your back in.................told Jeff to give you my frag..............

Would rather see the SPS master kill it than me...........:D

Edited by spectra

My tank has been running for just short of 8 years. I have a 180g Envision display, 50ish gallon sump.

Other equipment: Hammerhead return, 2 Maxspect Gyre XF250's, Reef Octopus XP-3000-INT skimmer recently upgraded to a Vertex DC pump, 1 titanium heater, Wannareef built algae scrubber with amazon grow lights, BRS GFO and Carbon reactor, DIY ATO, and DIY CREE Lighting, and Apex feed unit set to go 2x a day, all controlled by an Apex Classic with an updated control unit.

My tank had been limping along since we had kids almost 6 years ago surviving on minimal maintenance. Being home the past couple of months inspired me to clean it all back up and right the ship. I started with back to back day 50G water changes. I had been running w/o filter socks and started changing them out 2x a week (at first i had to do it daily actually) and started making my own filter socks because the wife doesn't like them going in the washer so i throw them out now, 2 weeks in I did another 50G water change and started vacumming out lots of the Fiji Pink sand that was in there and replaced it with a bag of special blend (which I like MUCH better).

Its had tons of variety of SPS/LPS etc in the past but right now its still fairly limited - 8 small fish, tons of mushrooms that have pretty well runover all the live rock (any ideas how to get rid of them?) a huge Carpet Nem that has been in there since the beginning, and a couple other smaller bubble tips.

my frag is 1"

IMG_2604.jpg

• Like 1

Got my frag today. My tank is a 46 gallon bow front. HOB filter. Tunze 9004 skimmer. 2 Reefi Duo Deluxe lights. Weekly 5 gallon water changes. Testing daily to dial in dosing. Right now using tropic marine all for reef. Will probably switch to 2 part eventually.

IMG-1911.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry, I scrapped the frag plug. If I’m close to winning otherwise, I’ll leg wrestle for second place. My tank is in my signature, and I think my numbers are 400ish, 8ish, and 1.025ish for calcium, alk dkh, and salinity. My ruler is cut down to zero from an old old frag comp when Kim handed these out. Awesome seeing other humans I know and talking in real time with Jeff, Jorge, and Jack!
a0e07d21ff6b3b58edd0b097fe1265e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, spectra said:

Your back in.................told Jeff to give you my frag..............

Would rather see the SPS master kill it than me...........:D

Talking with Jeff yesterday I believe there may be enough extras to where I could get my own and then we both could have the opportunity to kill it not just me

I’ll have a better idea next weekend, I don’t want you to give up your spot but if there is only 1 person that be allowed to kill it I’m sure I’m a better killer (based on past history) than you 😭

• Like 1